2009 OPTICSPLANET, INC. BRILLIANCE AWARDS SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. DESCRIPTION: The 2009 OpticsPlanet, Inc. Brilliance Awards Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), begins on October 20, 2009 at 5:01:00 PM Central Time and ends November 1, 2009 at 11:59:59 PM Central Time (“Sweepstakes Period”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant (“Participant”) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with, abide by, and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of OpticsPlanet, Inc. (the “Sponsor”). Further, the Participant accepts and agrees that the decision of the Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the forty eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and have a valid email address. Individuals in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win prizes in the Sweepstakes: (i) any individual who was or is an employee in any position at OpticsPlanet, Inc., its parents, affiliates, or subsidiaries; (ii) individuals who are immediate family members of OpticsPlanet, Inc. employees, including spouses, dependents, siblings, parents, biological, adoptive or step father, mother, brother, sister, son or daughter, and each of their respective spouses, or individuals who reside in the same household, whether related or not; (iii) individuals who are engaged in the development, production or distribution of the prizes supplied for the Sweepstakes or the Sweepstakes materials. Void outside the forty eight (48) contiguous United States and District of Columbia and where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
3. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Sweepstakes in one of two ways: (i) Go online to www.opticsplanet.com/awards/2009 (the “Website”) and click on the category you are interested in, then proceed to click on one product and or brand per category for your vote to count. Limit of one (1) vote per product line, brand or specific product per category. In order to be eligible for a prize, Participant must enter a valid email address. Participants are not required to vote to enter the Sweepstakes; they must only enter a valid email address. Limit of one (1) entry per person/email address for the duration of the Sweepstakes regardless of method of entry. Additional submissions by the same person during the Sweepstakes Period will be void, and all submissions made by that individual email address will be void. Persons or entities using devices, scripts or other automated or mechanical means in an attempt to enter the Sweepstakes multiple times will be disqualified. All entries must be submitted by the close of the Sweepstakes Period. (ii) Participants may also enter the Sweepstakes by mail without going to the Website. To enter, print your first and last name and a valid email address on a 3” x 5” card, and send in an envelope with the proper postage affixed to OpticsPlanet, Inc. Attn: 2009 Brilliance Awards Sweepstakes, 3150 Commercial Ave. Northbrook, Illinois 60062. All mail in entries must be received by November 1, 2009, by the close of the Sweepstakes Period. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. Making a purchase will not increase your chance of winning. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned to the Participant or acknowledged by the Sponsor.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: The winners will be selected in drawings conducted by a randomized system on or about November 30, 2009 . The drawing will determine the winners for each prize from all eligible entries received by the Sponsor. No individual/email address may be eligible for more than one prize. If a Participant is found to be ineligible, has not complied with the Official Rules, is unavailable for notification, or declines a prize for any reason, prior to award of the prize, such Participant will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries. Decisions by the Sponsor are final and binding.
5. ODDS: The odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. PRIZES: One (1) grand prize gift card of $200.00 USD will be awarded to one Participant. Five (5) additional gift cards of $50.00 USD will be awarded to five different Participants. Gift cards will be the only prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes. The gift card will only be redeemable at Opticsplanet.com. Gift cards will expire twelve (12) months after they have been issued to the winner(s). If Gift Cards expire, Sponsor will have no further obligation to the winner. Winner is responsible for all costs associated with receipt and use of the prizes, including any applicable federal, state, and local taxes. Prizes are awarded with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Prizes are not transferable, substitutable, or redeemable for cash, except Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize for a prize of comparable or greater value. Winners may be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release and liability waiver, where legal, winners must provide a mailing address, and winner may be required to sign a waiver of rights for the winner’s full given name to be used by the Sponsor or affiliated parties for any marketing purposes or sweepstakes materials. Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and any third party it designates to use each winner’s name, city and state of residence and likeness for advertising purposes in all media now or hereafter, throughout the world in perpetuity, without further release, compensation, permission, consent, or notification, unless prohibited by law.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winners will be contacted on or about December 1, 2009. Winners will be sent a notice by email (“Winner Notification”). In addition, winner will be sent any affidavits of eligibly, publicity release, liability waiver, and other necessary documentation (“Prize Documentation”). If a potential winner fails to return the Prize Documentation by the deadline indicated in the Winner Notification email, that potential winner will forfeit the prize. Winners are required to complete and return Prize Documentation to receive any prize. Under such circumstances, Sponsor may award any forfeited prizes to an alternate winner. Alternate winners will be selected according to Rule 4. Any alternate winner who will be notified as described above will be required to complete and return the Prize Documentation in accordance with the provisions above.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: As condition of participating in the Sweepstakes or voting process, Participant agrees: (i) All questions or issues arising out these Official Rules, the Sweepstakes, or the rights and responsibilities of the Sponsor or Participant shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the procedural and substantive laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to the rules or provisions of any other state’s laws. Participant acknowledges and consents to Illinois courts having personal jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, and venue will only be in Illinois; (ii) Participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, consequential, incidental or other damage in connection with the Sweepstakes, and under no circumstances will Participant be able to obtain awards for, or connection with participation in the Sweepstakes; (iii) Participant shall not be entitled to receive attorneys fees or other costs in connection with the Sweepstakes or any issue arising from the Sweepstakes; (iv) Any causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually and exclusively through final and binding arbitration, without resort to any form of class action; (v) Sponsor reserves the right to modify, terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is not feasible or malfunction, technical or otherwise, has impaired the feasibility or integrity of the Sweepstakes, including any event beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to, fire, flood, earthquake, or other act of God, or any equipment failure, or any other reason outside the Sponsor’s control.
10. DISQUALIFICATION: At Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual or Participant who has tampered, disrupted, or undermined the legitimacy of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such Participant to the fullest extent permitted by law, and Sponsor shall be entitled to all applicable attorneys fees.
11. INVALIDITY: If any provision in these Official Rules is determined to be unenforceable, invalid, or illegal, these Official Rules should otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the unenforceable, invalid or illegal terms were not contained herein. In the event of any discrepancies or inconsistencies between these terms, disclosures and any other Sponsor materials, these Official Rules prevail, govern, and control.
13. WINNERS LIST: To receive the official “Winners List” for the Sweepstakes, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Winner’s List”. The Winners List will be available after December 1, 2009. Requests for Winner’s List must be received by December 15, 2009.
14. OFFICIAL RULES: To receive a copy of these Official Rules, email us at email@example.com with a subject line of “Official Rule Request”. Requests for Official Rules must be received by December 15, 2009.
Sponsor: OpticsPlanet, Inc., 3150 Commercial Ave. Northbrook, IL. 60062