Canon EOS 40D 10.1 Megapixel Digital Camera 1901B004
next generation of digital SLR
photography. The EOS 40D
tremendous know-how in both the digital and photographic worlds, creating a camera
that not only does everything one would expect of a traditional digital SLR
, but one that incorporates staggering leaps forward in technological innovation. With new features like Canon
Integrated Cleaning System, Live View Function, a more powerful DIGIC III
Image Processor, plus a 10.1-megapixel
CMOS sensor, a 3.0-inch LCD monitor and more, the EOS 40 D digital camera
elevates digital photography to new heights, enhancing the shooting experience, and delivering images one could only expect from a Canon
Specifications of Canon EOS 40D 10.1 Megapixel Digital Camera 1901B004
Features of Canon EOS 40D 10.1 Megapixel Digital Camera 1901B004
|Canon EOS 40D 10.1 Megapixel Digital Camera |
|| Type: Digital AF/AE SLR|
Recording Medium: CompactFlash (CF) Card Types I and II and external media (USB v.2.0 hard drive, via optional Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E3A)
Image Format: 0.87 x 0.58 in./22.2 x 14.8mm (APS-C size sensor)
Compatible Lenses: Canon EF, EF-S, TS-E, and MP-E lenses.
Lens Mount: Canon EF mount
|| Type: High-sensitivity, high-resolution, single-plate, CMOS sensor|
Effective Pixels: approx. 10.10 megapixels
Total Pixels: approx. 10.50 megapixels
Aspect Ratio: 3:2 (Horizontal : Vertical)
Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
Low-pass Filter: Fixed position in front of the CMOS sensor
|Recording System|| || Image Format: JPEG, RAW (Canon CR2)|
Recording Formats: DCF 2.0 (Exif 2.21): JPEG, RAW and RAW+JPEG simultaneous recording possible. Multiple options for recording images on a memory card.
Folders: Automatically created by camera; can be user-created with "Manual Reset" file naming setting
Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed, mini-B port. NTSC/PAL for video output
|White Balance:|| || Settings: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, White Fluorescent Light, Flash, Custom WB setting, user-set Color Temperature (2,500~10,000K)|
Auto White Balance: Auto white balance, taken from imaging sensor
|Viewfinder|| Type: Eye-level SLR with solid glass pentaprism|
Coverage: Approx. 95% horizontally and vertically
Magnification: 0.95x (-1 dpt with 50mm lens at infinity)
Eyepoint: Approx. 22mm
Built-in Dioptric Correction: -3.0 to +1.0 diopter
Viewfinder information: AF (AF points, focus confirmation light), Exposure (shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed, AE lock, exposure level, spot metering circle, exposure warning), Flash (flash ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed sync, FE lock, red-eye reduction light), Image (monochrome shooting, maximum burst, white balance correction, CF card information)
Mirror: Quick-return half mirror (Transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60)
|Autofocus|| Type: TTL-CT-SIR AF-dedicated CMOS sensor|
AF Points: 9 cross-type AF points, including center AF point; fully functional with f/5.6 or faster lenses
AF Point Selection: Automatic selection, Manual AF point selection
|Shutter|| Type: Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically controlled|
Shutter Speeds: 1/8000 to 30 sec. (1/3-stop increments), X-sync at 1/250 sec.
Remote Control: Canon N3 type terminal
|Flash|| Built-in Flash: Auto pop-up, retractable, built-in flash in the pentaprism|
|Image Protection and Erase|| Protection: Single image or all images in the memory card can be protected or cancel the image protection|
Erase: Single image, select images, all images in a CF card or unprotected images
|LCD Monitor|| Type: TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor|
Monitor Size: 3.0 in.
|Dimensions and Weight||5.7 x 4.2 x 2.9 in./145.5 x 107.8 x 73.5mm|
Weight: 26.1 oz./740g
|Power Source||One dedicated Battery Pack BP-511A
AC power can be supplied via the optional AC Adapter Kit ACK-E2|
- Superb image quality: 10.1 Megapixel CMOS Sensor, extensive noise reduction technology, and 14-bit conversion for outstanding color tones and gradations.
- Outstanding performance: 6.5 fps, burst rate up to 75 consecutive JPEGs or 17 RAW images and DIGIC III Image Processor.
- Strong, rugged build quality: magnesium-alloy exterior, shutter durability-tested to 100,000 cycles, top speed 1/8000, top x-sync speed 1/250.
- New AF system with 9 cross-type sensors, and world's first diagonal high-precision cross-type AF at center point with f/2.8 and faster lenses.
- EOS Integrated Cleaning System, Picture Style settings, Spot metering, and Highlight Tone Priority for advanced in-camera image control.
- Large 3.0-inch LCD monitor and advanced Live View Function with new options for reduced shutter time lag and quiet operation.
- Wide range of accessories, including interchangeable focusing screens, extensive remote control options, new battery grip BG-E2N, and new dedicated wireless file transmitter WFT-E3A.