Specifications for Canon EOS-1D X Digital Camera:
Type - Digital, AF/AE single-lens reflex camera
- Dual CF Cards (Type I or II)
- Compatible with UDMA 7 CF cards
Image Format - Approx. 36 mm x 24mm (35 mm Full-frame)
Compatible Lenses - Canon EF Lenses
Lens Mount - Canon EF mount
Type - High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS sensor
Pixels - Effective pixels: Approx. 18.1 megapixels
Total Pixels - 19.3 megapixels
Aspect Ratio - 3:2 (Horizontal:Vertical)
Color Filter System - RGB primary color filters
Low Pass Filter - Fixed position in front of the image sensor
Dust Deletion Feature -
(1) Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
- Removes dust adhering to the infrared- and ultraviolet-blocking glass.
- Self-cleaning executed automatically (taking about 1.8 sec.) when power is turned on or off. Manual execution also possible (taking about 5.2 sec.).
- Low-pass filter has a fluorine coating.
(2) Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending -
- The coordinates of the dust adhering to the infrared- and ultraviolet-blocking glass are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images.
- The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the provided software to automatically erase the dust spots.
(3) Manual cleaning
Recording Format - Design Rule for Camera File System 2.0 and EXIF 2.3
Image Format - Still Image: JPEG, RAW (14-bit Canon Original), M-RAW, S-RAW, RAW+JPEG, M-RAW+JPEG, S-RAW+JPEG - Video: MOV (Image data: H.264; Audio: Linear PCM)
File Size -
(1) Large: Approx. 17.9 Megapixels (5184 x 3456) -
(2) M1: Approx. 14.20 Megapixels (4608 x 3072) -
(3) M2: Approx. 8.00 Megapixels (3456 x 2304) -
(4) Small: Approx. 4.5 Megapixels (2592 x 1728) -
(5) RAW: Approx. 17.90 Megapixels (5184 x 3456) -
(6) M-RAW: Approx. 10.10 Megapixels (3888 x 2592)
(7) S-RAW: Approx. 4.50 Megapixels (2592 x 1728) - Exact file sizes depend on the subject, ISO speed, Picture Style, etc.
1. Standard - Select one of the CF cards to record.
2. Auto switch card - When the current card becomes full, the camera switches to the other card automatically.
3. Record separately - The same image is saved to both cards, but in a different size (L, M1, M2, S, RAW, M-RAW, or S-RAW) that was set for the respective card.
4. Record to multiple - The same image is saved to both cards in the same size (RAW+JPEG also possible).
Backup Recording - N/A
File Numbering - Consecutive numbering, auto reset, manual reset. - Possible to create new folders and select folders in the CF card
RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording - The image-recording quality can be selected in any combination of the three RAW and four JPEG recording quality settings.
Color Space - sRGB, Adobe RGB
Picture Style - Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined 1-3
Settings - Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash, Custom, Color Temperature setting
Auto White Balance - Auto white balance with the image sensor
Color Temperature Compensation - Blue/amber bias: ±9 levels - Magenta/green bias: ±9 levels - *Corrected in reference to the current WB mode's color temperature.
Color Temperature Information Transmission - Provided
Type - Eye-level pentaprism
Coverage - Vertical/Horizontal approx. 100%
Magnification - Approx. 0.76x (-1m-1 with 50mm lens at infinity) / 35.0° angle of view
Eye Point - Approx. 20mm (At -1m-1 from eyepiece lens center)
Dioptric Adjustment Correction - -3.0 to +1.0 m-1 (diopter)
Focusing Screen - Interchangeable
Mirror - Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflectance ratio of 40:60)
- AF information (AF point, focus confirmation, AF status indicator)
- Exposure information (Metering mode, shooting mode, AE lock, shutter speed, aperture, exposure compensation, ISO speed (always displayed), exposure level, exposure warning)
- Flash information (Flash ready, high-speed sync, FE lock, flash exposure compensation)
- Image information (White balance correction, highlight-tone priority (D+), maximum burst (2-digit display), CF card information, JPEG/RAW indicator)
- Battery check
- Composition information (Grid, electronic level)
Depth Of Field Preview - Enabled with depth-of-field preview button
Type - TTL-AREA-SIR AF-dedicated CMOS sensor
AF Points - 61-point AF - *One to five cross-type AF points at f/2.8, 10 to 20 cross-type AF points at f/4, and 15 to 21 cross-type AF points at f/5.6. (The number of cross-type AF points will differ depending on the lens.)
Focusing Modes -
(1) Autofocus - One-Shot AF - Predictive AI Servo AF
- For automatic AF point selection, the AF point to start the AI Servo AF operation can be selected.
- For automatic AF point selection, the active AF point can be displayed. - AI Focus AF (Switches between One-Shot AF and AI SERVO AF automatically) -
(2) Manual focus (MF)
AF Point Selection - 1. Single-point AF (Manual selection) - 2. Auto selection 61-point AF - 3. Single-point Spot AF (Manual selection) - 4 .AF point expansion (Manual selection, 4 points: up, down, left, and right) - 5. AF point expansion (Manual selection, surrounding 8 points) - 6. Zone AF (Manual zone selection)
Selected AF Point Display - Indicated by transmissive LCD display in the viewfinder and on the LCD panel
Active AF Point Indicator
AF Area and AF Point Selection - From the Orientation Linked AF Point menu, the AF area and manually-selectable AF point can be set separately for horizontal and vertical (camera grip at the top or bottom) shooting.
AF Function Registration/Switching - With a Custom Function, four types of AF function settings can be registered in a group:
1. AF area selection mode,
2. AI Servo tracking sensitivity,
3. AI Servo AF tracking method, and
4. AI Servo 1st/2nd img priority. - * This function can be assigned to the depth-of-field preview button or lens A stop button by customizing camera controls/buttons (Custom Controls).
AF Assist Beam - When an external EOS-dedicated Speedlite is attached to the camera, the AF-assist beam from the Speedlite will be emitted when necessary.
Metering Modes - 252-zone metering with approx. 100,000-pixel RGB AE sensor and TTL maximum aperture metering employed. The following metering modes selectable:
(1) Evaluative metering (linked to all AF points)
(2) Partial metering (center, approx. TBA% of viewfinder) -
(3) Spot metering (center, approx. TBA% of viewfinder) - 1. Center spot metering - 2. AF point-linked spot metering (Custom Function) - -Linkable to all AF points. - -With automatic AF point selection, center spot metering is set. - 3. Multi-spot metering - Up to eight multi-spot meter readings can be taken. -
(4) Center-weighted average metering - 1. The selectable metering modes can be restricted with a Custom Function.
Metering Range - EV 0 - EV 20 (at 73°F/23°C with 50mm f/1.4 lens, ISO 100)
Exposure Control Systems - Program AE (Shiftable), Shutter-priority AE, Aperture-priority AE, Manual exposure, Bulb, E-TTL II autoflash program AE
ISO Speed Range - Automatically set, ISO 100-51200 (in 1/3-stop or 1-stop increments) - Basic Zone modes: ISO 100-51200 set automatically - Extension settable: ISO 50; 102,400 and 204,800
Exposure Compensation - Manual: ±5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments - AEB: ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments - * Indicated up to ±3 stops on the LCD panel and in the viewfinder.
AE Lock -
(1) Auto AE lock
- In the One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering, AE lock takes effect when focus is achieved.
(2) Manual AE lock
- With AE lock button. (AE lock is updated each time you press the button.) Enabled in all metering modes.
Type - Vertical-travel, mechanical, Electronically-controlled, focal-plane shutter
Shutter Speeds - 1/8000 to 30 sec., bulb, X-sync at 1/250 sec. (still) - 1/4000 - 1/30 (Movie / Program AE) - 1/4000 - 1/30 (Movie / Manual Exposure) for 24/25/30 fps - 1/4000 - 1/60 (Movie / Manual Exposure) for 50/60 fps
Shutter speed's control range can be set with a Custom Function.
Shutter Release - Soft-touch electromagnetic release
Self Timer - 10-sec. delay, 2-sec. delay
EOS Dedicated Speedlite - E-TTL II autoflash with all EX Series Speedlites
Zooming to Match Focal Length - Provided
Flash Metering - E-TTL II autoflash
Flash Exposure Compensation - ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
FE Lock - Provided
External Flash Settings - 1) External Flash Control
- Flash mode, sync setting, FEB (not with 270EX II / 270EX), flash exposure compensation, E-TTL II, zoom, wireless master flash, (not with 430EX II / 270EX), and clear settings.
2) Flash Custom Function Setting
PC Terminal - Provided; accepts third-party flash units with sync line voltages up to 250V maximum
Drive Modes - Single, High-speed continuous, Low-speed continuous, Silent Single Shooting and Self-timer (10-sec. self-timer/remote control, or 2-sec. self-timer/remote control)
Continuous Shooting Speed - Super High-speed: Maximum 14 shots/sec. - High-speed: Maximum 12 shots/sec. - Low-speed: Maximum 3 shots/sec.
Maximum Burst - The maximum burst during continuous shooting is as follows: - JPEG Large: Approx: TBA - UDMA CF Card: Approx: TBA - RAW: Approx: TBA - UDMA 7 CF Card: Approx. TBA
Live View Functions
Shooting Modes - Still photo and video recording
Focusing - Quick mode (61- Point Phase-difference detection AF) - Live mode/Face detection Live mode (One-Point Contrast detection AF, switching to another point possible) - Face detection Live mode (Contrast AF, Face Selectable) - Manual focusing (5x/10x magnification possible)
Metering Modes - Real-time Evaluative metering with the image sensor
Metering Range - Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor:
- Metering range: EV 0 - EV 20 (At 73°F/23°C, 50mm f/1.4 lens, ISO 100)
- The active metering time can be changed.
Grid Display - Three grid display provided
Exposure Simulation - Possible
Silent Shooting - Provided
File Format - MOV (image data: H.264; audio: Linear PCM)
- Internal monaural microphone
- External stereo microphone jack available
File Size - Recording Sizes: - 1920 x 1080 (Full HD), 1280 x 720 and 640 x 480
Frame Rates - 1920 x 1080: 30 fps / 25 fps / 24 fps - 1280 x 720: 60 fps / 50 fps - 640 x 480: 30 fps / 25 fps
Continuous Shooting Time - Recording Times based on 8 GB Memory Card: - 1920 x 1080 - 30 fps: ALL-I (TBA) / IPB (TBA) - 25 fps ALL-I (TBA) / IPB (TBA) - 24 fps ALLI-I (TBA) / IPB (TBA) - 1280 x 720 - 60 fps: ALL-I (TBA) / IPB (TBA) - 50 fps ALL-I (TBA) / IPB (TBA) - 640 x 480 - 30 fps: IPB (TBA) - 25 fps: IPB (TBA)
Focusing - Same as Live View Shooting
Exposure Control - Program AE, Manual exposure
Exposure Compensation - ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
Type - TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
Monitor Size - 3.2-inches
Pixels - Approx. 1.04 million dots
Coverage - Approx. 100% - Viewing angle: 170°
Brightness Control - 7 levels provided
Interface Languages - 25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
Display Format - Single image, Single image + Image-recording quality/shooting information, histogram, 4- or 9-image index, magnified view (approx. 1.5x-10x), rotated image (auto/manual), image jump (by 10/100 images, index screen, by shooting date, by folder), slide show (all images/selected by date/folder), star rating
Highlight Alert - With single-image display (Info.) and single-image display, overexposed highlight areas will blink
Image Protection and Erase
Protection - Erase protection can be applied or canceled for a single image, all images in a folder or all images in the card
Erase - Erase a single image, selected images, all images in a folder, all images in a card or erase only unprotected images
Compatible Printers - PictBridge-compatible printers
Printable Images - RAW and JPEG images complying to Design rule for Camera File System - - Movies cannot be printed.
DPOF: Digital Print Order Format
DPOF - Version 1.1 compatible
Direct Image Transfer
Compatible Images - JPEG and RAW images and movies
- For RAW+JPEG, only the RAW or JPEG image or both images can be transferred
Custom Functions - Total 31
Camera User Settings - Current camera settings can be registered to C1, C2 and C3 on the Mode Dial (Automatic registration update is possible)
My Menu Registration - Up to six top-tier menu options and Custom Function settings can be registered
Battery - One Battery Pack LP-E4N or LP-E4 - AC power can be supplied with the AC Adapter Kit ACK-E4
Number of Shots - Number of shots (approx.)
Temperature and Shooting Method
Live View shooting at 73°F/23°C
Live View shooting at 32°F/0°C
The figures above are based on CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) testing standards
Battery Check - Automatic battery check when the power switch is turned on: - Displayed in 6 levels:
- Battery level displayed on LCD panel and in viewfinder.
- Battery information can be checked with the Battery info. menu
Power Saving - Power turns off after the set time (1, 2, 4, 8, 15 or 30 minutes) of non-operation elapses.
Date/Time Battery - CR2025 lithium battery
Start-up Time - Approx. 0.1 sec
Dimensions and Weight
Dimensions (W x H x D) - Approx. 6.2 x 6.4 x 3.3 in. (158 x 163.6 x 82.7 mm)
Weight - TBA
Working Temperature Range - 32-104°F/0-40°C
Working Humidity Range - 85% or less