Celestorn Telescope GPS Accessory C-N16 #93963 for NexStar i Telescopes is a GPS (Global Positioning System) module that mounts on the top of the optical tube of a fork mount telescope, as well as on a tripod leg of the new Celestron Advanced Series and CGE Series go-to computerized German equatorial mount telescopes. A coiled cable from the CN-16 integrates with each scope's iComp hand controller to convert the scope into a go-to system that uses GPS satellite transmissions for fully automatic stellar alignment, with no manual data input necessary on your part.
To operate with fork mount scopes, simply take the scope outside and turn it on. Celestorn Telescope GPS Accessory C-N-16 93963 will automatically level the telescope optical tube (using a leveling sensor built into the CN16) and aim it north with more precision than can be done by hand.
Celestron CN - 16 GPS Module uses automatic compass calibration to compensate for your local magnetic declination (offset) from the actual celestial pole (compass north and celestial north are not usually in the same direction), getting you closer to your alignment stars.
Its 16-channel GPS receiver then determines its latitude and longitude on earth from the GPS satellite signals, triangulating your location with an accuracy measured in meters. It determines the time from the GPS satellite signals with an accuracy measured in fractions of a second. Once it knows precisely where and when on Earth it is, it slews the telescope to the appropriate alignment guide stars for your confirmation - all in only a few short minutes, and with no work necessary on your part.
C - N16 GPS module makes aligning on the skies almost as simple as turning on the scope power. If you travel to different observing locations frequently, Celestron-CN16 Accessory will let you spend more time observing and less time getting ready to observe.
Features of Celestorn Telescope GPS Accessory CN16 for NexStar i Telescopes:
- Fits Celestron NexStar-5i & NexStar-8i Telescopes
- Integrates with each scope's i-Comp hand controller
- Has built-in Leveling Sensor
- Automatically levels the telescope
- Precisely aims the telescope towards the North
- Uses automatic compass calibration to compensate for your local magnetic declination (offset) from the actual celestial pole
- 16-channel GPS receiver determines latitude and longitude on earth from the GPS satellite signals
- Celestorn Telescope GPS Accessory CN 16 for NexStar-i Telescopes