Celestron 8x30mm SD VistaPix #72203
is a unique roof prism
binocular/removable-memory digital camera combination. The camera can store up to 45 detailed 1280 x 960 pixel high resolution color images on its supplied 16MB flash memory card. It can also capture up to one minute of video. But you can expand those capabilities with optional memory cards - up to a 512MB capacity card that will record and store a phenomenal 400 high resolution images. You can use the binocular portion of the Celestron 8x30mm VistaPix
to get closer to the live action, while you simultaneously record images and memories of that action to take home with you and share with family and friends. The Celestron VistaPix
lets you capture close-up views of sporting events, distant wildlife, concerts, and more. You can download the images to your computer to print out, save, or e-mail to distant family members. The uses of the VistaPix
are limited only by your imagination and your desire to bring the distant world up close and personal so you can share it with others.
Specifications for Celestron 8x30mm SD VistaPix #72203:
Features of Celestron 8x30mm SD VistaPix #72203:
|Optical Type: || Roof Prism|
|Field of view: || 5.8°|
|Field of view: || 304' @ 1000 yards|
|Exit Pupil: || 3.75mm|
|Relative Brightness: || 14.06|
|Twilight Factor: || 15.49|
|Interpupillary Distance: || 62-75mm|
|Close Focus: || 16'|
|Weight: || 13 oz.|
|Height: || 6.25"|
|Armored: || No|
|Waterproof: || No|
|Warranty: || 2 years|
- Maximum resolution is 1280 x 960 pixels (1.3 megapixels), suitable for very detailed computer display, e-mails, and hard copies up to 8" x 10" in size.
- The VistaPix will store 45 hi-res 1280 x 960 pixel JPEG images on its supplied 16MB memory card, or 182 lo-res 640 x 480 pixel JPEG images, or 1 minute of AVI video, or any combination of image types not exceeding the camera's removable flash card storage capacity. Optional cards with higher memory capacity will increase these figures proportionately,
- The CMOS image sensor has a wide dynamic range and automatic exposure to handle lighting condition extremes.
- Automatic white balance is built in for proper color correction in different lighting conditions.
- The camera's standard angular field of view is approximately the same as the binocular's 5.8° circular field of view. Magnification through the camera lens is the same 8x as that through the binocular (what you see is what you photograph).
- The focus range of the camera is from 49' (15 meters) to infinity. The camera focuses at the same distance at which the binocular is focused.
- The operating temperature range of the camera is 41° to 104° Fahrenheit (5° to 40° C) for proper LCD display operation.
- The VistaPix comes standard with 16MB of mass internal storage in the form of a removable SD card. This allows your computer to access the VistaPix memory as if it was just another hard drive, with no special drivers needed, using built-in Microsoft Image Viewer and Media Player. Optional larger capacity memory cards are available from most camera stores to increase the storage to as much as 512MB, for an image capacity of as many as 400 hi-res images.
- Two AAA alkaline batteries (not supplied) power the camera. There's an automatic shut-off mode to conserve battery life that powers down the camera 90 seconds after the last picture is taken.
- An LCD screen in the camera body displays the taking mode and the number of images recorded.
- There's a built-in self timer with a 10 second delay.
- The supplied VistaPix Image Manager CD-ROM contains image processing software to let you edit, resize, or customize the images you've taken.
- Celestron 8x30mm SD VistaPix #72203