The Garmin Forerunner 201 Personal Trainer GPS 010-00328-00 offers athletes an easy-to-read display, ergonomic wristband, and integrated GPS sensor that provides precise speed, distance, and pace data. It's a compact, lightweight, accurate training assistant with performance tracking, auto-lap, auto-pause and more. The Forerunner 201 is easy to use right out of the box and delivers the benefits of GPS technology at an affordable price.
Working out with the Forerunner 201 means you're never alone in your personal training, because the unit provides a Virtual Partner. This unique feature allows you to set your training goal by configuring your Virtual Partner's pace and workout distance. You'll get a graphic perspective of your performance by viewing your pace in relation to your Virtual Partner's pace, so you can always see at a glance if you're keeping up or falling behind.
As an added benefit, users can plan, analyze and store data from their workouts using Garmin's free Training Center software. This software allows you to store and analyze data using interactive graphs that chart your speed, pace, or elevation. Your course is overlaid on a map so you can pinpoint specific areas and see how elevation and other factors affect your performance.
Features of Garmin Forerunner 201 Personal Trainer GPS:
- GPS sensor provides precise latitude, longitude, and altitude data for exact location information.
- Mark specific locations, and then look-up and navigate to these points using an electronic map.
- Retrace your steps to a starting point or reverse your normal route for routine variation.
- Amount of calories burned can be tracked and calculated over the course of a workout.
- Lap history-such as lap time, lap distance, and average pace-can be stored for up to two years.
- Performance data can be automatically archived and calculated to provide an accurate record.
- Automated stopwatch provides auto-lap and auto-pause features.
- Lap timer indicates when a certain speed is reached or when you've fallen below a pre-set level.
- Pace whistle sounds alert when you begin traveling slower or faster than your desired pace.
- Distance whistle sounds when you reach a specified duration or distance in your workout.
- Download free Garmin software to transfer data from your Forerunner 201 to your PC for storage and analysis.
Forerunner 201 Software:
Training Center software, originally designed for the Forerunner 301, has been such a powerful training tool that Garmin adapted it for the 201. All new Forerunner 201 units come with Training Center, and anyone who already owns a Forerunner 201 can download the software for free right here.
Note: if you are currently using Forerunner Logbook software and would like to transfer your workout history to Training Center, you can export a data file from Logbook and import it to Training Center.
Training Center has a simple user interface and allows you to transfer workout history from the Forerunner 201 to the PC for storage and analysis. Your workout tracks are overlaid on a map page so can analyze pace and speed data at any point. Indefinite storage capabilities on the PC allow you to review your workout histories over time. Training Center offers additional capabilities for 301 users, including the ability to download customized workouts to their unit. These capabilities are not enabled in the Training Center software for 201 users.
Logbook is the original software that was developed for the Forerunner 201. It allows you to download your training history data from your 201 to your PC for analysis and archive purposes. With the introduction of the newer, more comprehensive Training Center software for the 201, Logbook will no longer be supported.
>> Visit Updates & Downloads for software.
- Garmin Forerunner 201 Personal Trainer GPS
- Wrist strap
- A/C charger with serial interface
- Quick start guide
- Owner's manual