Ready to go right out-of-the-box, Garmin StreetPilot i5 Automotive GPS Navigation 010-00496-00 comes preloaded with detailed maps of North America and is the newest member of the i-series StreetPilots by Garmin - a line of small, inexpensive automotive GPS navigators that make driving fun.
No larger than a baseball and priced affordably, the Garmin StreetPilot i5 GPS Car Navigation System is destined to be a hit for commuters, college students, and corporate travelers who are looking to experience the ease and enjoyment of GPS satellite navigation for the first time.
Don't let the size fool you: The StreetPilot i-series has many of the same powerful capabilities as other premium automotive GPS navigators.
The Garmin Street Pilot i 5 features a unique and convenient click-to-enter scroll wheel and a "back" button which makes it easy to select a destination from the unit's menu-driven interface. Garmin StreetPilot i5 GPS Navigation Handheld includes 3-D map graphics, and provide voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions through a built-in speaker. These units will also automatically put drivers back on course if they miss a turn. Easily move them from vehicle to vehicle with an integrated suction cup mount.
StreetPilot i5 comes preloaded with detailed maps of City Navigator North America NT, which features full coverage of the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico - including nearly six million points of interest like gas stations, ATMs, hotels, restaurants, and attractions. It also comes with removable TransFlash data storage capability.
As an added benefit, you can now import customized points of interest with the help of Garmin's free POI Loader software. The possibilities are endless - upload safety cameras or school zones, and you will receive a warning if you are traveling too fast. In addition, an optional proximity-alert feature notifies you of upcoming custom POIs.
Garmin i5 features a 32k-color, sunlight readable TFT display with backlight. Motorists can choose from either a three-dimensional mapping perspective, or overhead "bird's eye" view. For added convenience, drivers can power the unit with either two AA batteries (six hours, typical use) or the included 12-volt adapter cable.
Features of Garmin StreetPilot i5 Automotive GPS Navigation 0100049600:
- WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS patch antenna with MCX-type connector for optional external antenna
- Unit dimensions: 3.00" W x 2.74" H x 2.15" D
- StreetPilot i5 display: 1.7" W x 1.3" H, 220 x 176 pixels, TFT color, backlight display
- Weighs only 5.3 oz. (without batteries; includes vehicle suction cup mount)
- Audible and visual navigation instructions and warnings
- Features scroll wheel with click-to-enter, making it quick & easy to navigate
- Offers a three dimensional mapping perspective, or 2-D overhead view
- Battery life: up to 6 hours typical use on two AA batteries (7 hours maximum)
- Includes removable 12-volt power adapter cable for external power while in your vehicle
- Includes a vehicle suction cup mount which allows for easy adjustment and quick release
- USB Interface
- Built-in Flash memory for storing preloaded map data
- Garmin StreetPilot i5 Automotive GPS Navigation 010-00496-00
- Americas Lite Routable basemap
- City Navigator North America NT preprogrammed
- PC/USB cable
- 12-volt adapter cable
- Vehicle suction-cup mount
- Dashboard adhesive disk
- USB Drivers CD
- Quick reference guide