Laser Sights have grown in popularity in recent years because their ever-improving technology has led to smaller, lighter and more powerful lasers with more features for greater functionality. The increase in your accuracy and target acquisition speed will help you make a shot when it's most important. During an attack, even the most experienced shooter will have a decrease in their shooting effectiveness. While a laser sight is no substitute for practice and experience with firearms, it will help you stay on target even in the worst situations. That confidence will help you sleep a little easier at night, and the visual of a gun with a laser sight is a great deterrent against attackers.
So you've decided you want a laser sight. With all the options on the market today, it can be a struggle to find the exact model for your needs. You'll need to ask yourself a few questions as you begin your search:
- What firearm are you using? Manufacturer? Model? Caliber? How long is the barrel? How are you going to mount your laser sight?
- What color laser do you need? Will you be shooting in the day or night?
- Do you also plan to mount a weapon light?
- Will you be using Night Vision?
- Will you be using a holster?
It's important to have a clear answer to each of these questions before you buy a laser sight, or else you might pick an inadequate sight.