MAXIMUM LIGHT. MINIMUM HEIGHT.
Leupold's optical engineers created a radically different, proprietary, patent-pending design that forms a small crescent in the lower radius of the objective lens, so Leupold VX-L can be mounted to hug the barrel, like part of the rifle itself. Leupold 's legendary low-light performance, ruggedness, and absolute waterproof integrity remain 100 percent intact.
Mount your Leupold 50mm VX-L as low as a typical 36mm riflescope, and your Leupold 56mm VX-L as low as a 40mm riflescope, while gaining a larger exit pupil and other low-light advantages! But that's not all. Leupold VX-L also features Leupold Second Generation of waterproofing technology, exclusive Leupold DiamondCoat Index Matched Lens System with new blackened lens edges, and more. If you've been waiting for the low down on low-light performance, it's finally here.
• Light Optimization Profile gives you the low-light performance advantages of a large objective riflescope, without the high mount. Leupold 50mm VX-L mounts like a 36mm riflescope , yet delivers 48.6 percent more Total Light Throughput (TLT)! Likewise, the 56mm Leupold VX-L mounts like a 40mm riflescope, and delivers 96 percent more Total Light Throughput. The lower mount also gives your rifle better balance, and the quick accurate aiming that comes with a low-mount cheekweld.
• Leupold's Second Generation Waterproofing. While Leupold still waterproof other optics with bone-dry nitrogen - first pioneered by Leupold in 1947 - Leupold VX-L riflescope features exclusive proprietary Argon/Krypton gas blend. The advantages are two-fold. First, it nearly eliminates the effects of thermal shock. Second, Argon/Krypton molecules are significantly larger than nitrogen molecules, reducing the diffusion of gasses sealed inside your scope even more than Leupold proven nitrogen waterproofing technology already does. Leupold pioneered nitrogen waterproofing, and it remains the industry standard. Argon/Krypton waterproofing now exceeds the first standard set.
• Index Matched Lens System with DiamondCoat on VX-L riflescopes . A Leupold exclusive, this system has nearly perfected Leupold's already impeccable light management. Leupold optical engineers specify different coating materials for each lens surface within the riflescope , based on its index of refraction, placement, and function. They also matched the ideal coatings to each lens' glass type and layered these substances to minimize reflections and maximize light transmission. The result is unparalleled brightness and clarity.
| || |
• Diamond Coat lens coatings are currently protecting the lenses of Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T riflescopes in the dustiest, sandiest environments on earth: Iraq and Afghanistan. Leupod's added this durable multicoat to the objective lens and eyepiece lens of Leupold VX-L to give you the ultimate in abrasion resistance and light transmission, for a flawless sight picture over a lifetime of hard use. It has made a difference in battle, and will make a difference where you hunt.
• Dual Spring Titanium/Nitride/Stainless Adjustment System gives you incredibly tight tolerances and near perfect engagement of the interior surfaces, for the utmost precision, as well as outstanding strength and durability. All 3.5-10x and 4.5-14x magnification VX-L riflescopes feature finger-adjustable 1/4-MOA click adjustments with resettable pointer dials. Leupold VX-L 6.5-20x56mm Rifle-scope offers finger-adjustable 1/10th-MOA target adjustments with resettable dials.
• Dual Spring Erector System is the last word in ruggedness and durability, which is why Leupold uses it in Leupold Mark 4 tactical riflescopes. Leupold's standard erector system is the industry benchmark for ruggedness and durability. The dual spring erector system takes it a step even further, exerting up to 30 percent more holding force on the erector. This system virtually eliminates erector system backlash and stress on the vital internal workings of your Leupold VX-L riflescope. The result is generations of adjustment life and a riflescope that's more capable than ever of withstanding incredible abuse and pounding recoil.
• Side Focus Parallax Adjustment Dial on select models gives you the capability to easily and quickly focus, from any shooting position, and delivers pinpoint adjustments from 25 yards (or less) to infinity.
• Blackened lens edges are yet another way Leupold's optical engineers ensure light is transmitted properly through the scope , by reducing glare and providing the best possible contrast.
• Lockable, extreme fast-focus eyepiece is threaded to allow even faster focusing than ever before. Set it quick, then securely lock it in for reliable performance every time you put your Leupold VX-L to your eye.
• Boone and Crockett Big Game reticle and Varmint Hunter's reticle are available in select models. These unique reticles, part of Leupold 's exclusive Ballistic Aiming System, make mastering long-range shooting easier than ever, with multiple aiming points for longer ranges and varying wind speed. Two power selector settings provide an easy way to set the aiming points to match your ballistics.
• One-piece one-inch and 30mm main tubes are manufactured from single blocks of 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum alloy to offer outstanding lightweight strength and durability.
• Tactile power indicator with range estimating feature on the power selector ring is super smooth, due to the addition of special graphite O-rings and infinite power band. The infinite power band selector lets you set your magnification exactly where you want it, not on a pre-set magnification that clicks into place, as on lesser riflescopes .
• Legendary Leupold ruggedness is guaranteed .
Each Leupold VX-L passes the same stringent tests as all Leupold Golden Ring optics .
• Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee - the best consumer protection available.
• Leupold 6.5-20x56mm Long Range Extreme Varmint model is sure to impress in a world where long shots are the gold standard. This matte black Leupold VX-L features red anodized spattering on the exterior surfaces for a custom look that is all its own, and won't soon be forgotten.