This cream-colored knockout - Lomography Horizon Kompakt 950 35mm Film Camera
is designed for one sole
purpose: dead-easy and endless panoramic snapshots
! With a fixed aperture and focus of Lomography Horizon Kompakt 950 35mm Film Camera
, all you have to do is aim...point, and shoot! A fast setting for day and slow setting for night afford you 24-hour and indoor/outdoor access to the overwhelming joy of panoramic pleasure
If the Horizon's 60 years looks like ancient history to you young'uns, then I have some more news for you - panoramic photography
as an art has been around for over 150 years! The Pan orama-afficionados around the world owe a collective "Danke" to Austria 's own Joseph Puchberger, who patented a hand-cranked panoramic camera
consisting of successive Daguerreotype plates. The resulting image yielded an amazing 120 degrees of vision. Taken at its most basic functions, not a whole lot has changed since Herr Puchberger's days. It goes to show - the best ideas can truly stand the test of time. Available Options:
Specifications for Lomography Horizon Kompakt 950 35mm Film Camera:
- Lomography Horizon Kompakt 950 35mm Film Camera
Features of Lomography Horizon Kompakt 950 35mm Film Camera:
|Film format: || 35mm|
|Aperture Settings: || f/8|
|Shutter Settings: || 1/60,1/2|
|Lens: || MULTICOATED ARSAT 28/2.8 GLASS LENS|
- MULTICOATED ARSAT 28/2.8 GLASS LENS - This crispy glass heart of the horizon is just as lovely as it sounds: a multi-element masterpiece that yields eye-popping color, jaw-dropping contrast, and slamming sharpness all around.
- SWING-LENS TECHNOLOGY - Cocking the Horizon's shutter charges its clockwork mechanics, and touching the shutter release sets the lens into motion. As the lens swings from side to side, a narrow vertical slit between the lens and film rotates along with it - thereby progressively exposing the film as the lens moves. The film plane is curved, thereby keeping the film tight and maintaining a uniform distance from the lens.
- DEAD-EASY DOUBLE EXPOSURES - Like our good friend the Holga, the Kompakt's advance and shutter are uncoupled - meaning that one can be done without the other. So, you can feel free to cock and fire the shutter as many times as you like - without advancing the film one millimeter! That means double, triple, quadruple, and more exposures on the same frame. Huzzah! And for the really wild-at-heart, you can take your chances and advance partial frames to have unpredictable overlapping double-exposures working throughout your entire film.
- DAY AND NIGHT SHUTTER SETTINGS - For ease of use, the Kompakt offers just two settings to alternate with your itchy trigger finger. The day setting shoots at 1/60 second, and works in full sunlight to partial shade. The night setting gives you ? second - enough to make a softly lit street scene absolutely glow with color and shine.
- FIXED F/8 APERTURE - Every shot that you take has f/8 automatically dialed in. Not only does this yield excellent depth of field (not too short & not too long), but it's also the optimum diaphragm setting for sharpness and clarity from that little MC Arsat gem-of-a-lens.
- BATTERY-FREE OPERATION - Everything that your horizon does, from the shutter firing to that little lens moving left to right is powered by a classic clockwork motor. If you and a buddy trek to Outer Mongolia , and his megapixel machine kicks the bucket for lack of power, then you'll be able to fill the empty slots of his travel album with your unending Horizon snaps!
- USES ALL VARIETIES OF 35MM FILM - That's right - all the 35mm color negative, black & white, slide, infrared, ultraviolet, and anything that we haven't heard of can be loaded into your Horizon's greedy little gullet.
- TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY - The Lomographic Society International guarantees your Horizon to be free of manufacturer defects for two full years after purchase. This does not include misuse, abuse, or dropping your camera into the Ganges.
- Horizon Kompakt 950 35mm Camera - Lomography Horizon Kompakt 950 35mm Film Camera
- Faux Leather carrying case
- Horizon book (132 pages)
- original russian packaging box
- Horizon poster
- carrying belt