Lomography Horizon Perfekt 951 35mm Film Camera
is the heavy-weight champ and undisputed professional choice. Clad
in high-impact and undeniably sexy ABS plastic, the Lomography Horizon Perfekt 951 35mm Film Camera
features a full range of aperture
settings - allowing you to dial in the precise exposure
every time. Advanced clockwork mechanics
of Lomography Horizon Perfekt 951 35mm Film Camera
provide whisper-quiet lens
sweep and a host of handy built-in accessories allow you to capture any scene on YOUR terms.
If the Horizon
's 60 years looks like ancient history to you young'uns, then I have some more news for you - panoramic photography
as an art has been around for over 150 years! The Pan orama-afficionados
around the world owe a collective "Danke" to Austria 's own Joseph Puchberger, who patented a hand-cranked panoramic camera
consisting of successive Daguerreotype plates
. The resulting image yielded an amazing 120 degrees of vision. Taken at its most basic functions, not a whole lot has changed since Herr Puchberger's days. It goes to show - the best ideas can truly stand the test of time.
Specifications for Lomography Horizon Perfekt 951 35mm Film Camera:
- Lomography Horizon Perfekt 951 35mm Film Camera
Features of Lomography Horizon Perfekt 951 35mm Film Camera:
|Film format: || 35mm|
|Aperture Settings: || f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8, f/11, f/16,|
|Shutter Settings: || 1/500s- 1/2s, usable day and night|
|Lens: || Multi-Coated ARSAT 28/2.8 Glass Lens|
|Body: || Rugged polycarbonate body over a steel skeleton.|
- MULTICOATED ARSAT 28/2.8 GLASS LENS - This crispy glass heart of the horizon is just as lovely as it sounds: a multi-element masterpiece that yields eye-popping color, jaw-dropping contrast, and slamming sharpness all around.
- SWING-LENS TECHNOLOGY - Cocking the Horizon's shutter charges its clockwork mechanics, and touching the shutter release sets the lens into motion. As the lens swings from side to side, a narrow vertical slit between the lens and film rotates along with it - thereby progressively exposing the film as the lens moves. The film plane is curved, thereby keeping the film tight and maintaining a uniform distance from the lens.
- WHISPER-QUIET CLOCKWORK MECHANICS - If you've ever shot the old-school Horizon 202, then you may have heard its buzzy "little engine that could" clockwork engine each time a long exposure was selected. If that sound charmed your heart, then you're in for a disappointment with the Perfekt, as its motor is silky smooth and dead-quiet. That yields subtle operation when you need it - such as in museums, graduation ceremonies, poetry slams, funerals, and chicken mummification rituals.
- VARIABLE APERTURE SETTINGS - From a wide open f/2.8 to a teensy-tiny f/16, you can dial in your precise aperture setting to get the optimum exposure for each shot. On the flip side, you can also control the depth of field for your own creative uses. Choose a large aperture (f/2.8) for a crispy subject against a somewhat blurred background. Nice for portraits, that is. Or, choose a small aperture (f/11 or f/16) for razor-sharpness from front to back.
- VARIABLE SHUTTER SETTINGS - A blazing 1/500sec top shutter speed gets you high-speed freezes on the brightest days of the year. A shhhh-looowww ? second brings partially-lit nights and gloomy indoors into full, glowing brilliance. And all the settings in between (1/250, 1/125. 1/60, 1/8, ?) are just perfect for light conditions that are...in between.
- BUILT-IN PRO ACCESSORIES - This little touches make your Perfekt an absolute joy. The tripod thread and cable release thread, when used together, give you the most perfect shake-free long exposures that folks have ever seen. The bubble-eye level, available through the viewfinder, allows you to perfectly place the "horizon" of each photograph. And the fat handgrip gives you a slow-steady hand for those low-light situations when a tripod just ain't proper.
- BATTERY-FREE OPERATION - Everything that your horizon does, from the shutter firing to that little lens moving left to right is powered by a classic clockwork motor. If you and a buddy trek to Outer Mongolia , and his megapixel machine kicks the bucket for lack of power, then you'll be able to fill the empty slots of his travel album with your unending Horizon snaps!
- USES ALL VARIETIES OF 35MM FILM - That's right - all the 35mm color negative, black & white, slide, infrared, ultraviolet, and anything that we haven't heard of can be loaded into your Horizon's greedy little gullet.
- TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY - The Lomographic Society International guarantees your Horizon to be free of manufacturer defects for two full years after purchase. This does not include misuse, abuse, or dropping your camera into the Ganges.
- Horizon Perfekt 951 35mm Camera - Lomography Horizon Perfekt 951 35mm Film Camera
- Faux Leather carrying case
- Horizon book (132 pages)
- original russian packaging box
- Horizon poster
- carrying belt