THE POLAM-L IS SIMPLY THE BEST DEAL ON THE PLANET FOR A QUANTITATIVE, TRANSMITTED POLARIZED LIGHT MICROSCOPE!
Designed by American and Russian engineers and built by LOMO PLC, one of Europe's oldest and most advanced optical manufacturers, the POLAM™-L 213 Series Microscopes can be configured for both research and routine applications, as well as for teaching environments. The POLAM™-L 213 is capable of both Orthoscopic and Conoscopic studies of transparent birefringent specimens, and offers the advantages of the major contrast techniques - Brightfield, Darkfield, Phase Contrast, and Dispersion Staining (Central and Annular). Useful for such applications as analytical chemistry, biological sciences and medicine, crystallography, forensics, environmental sciences, geology, pharmaceuticals, toxicology, and asbestos analysis, and priced many thousands of dollars less than any comparable product from any major microscope manufacturer, the POLAM-L 213 fills a huge gap that exists in today's market.
Every POLAM™-L 213 (BE, TE, BR, TR) includes the following ten standard features:
- The HU-POL Universal Head. This 360° rotatable head features a built-in iris diaphragm for use in conoscopy (can you think of another manufacturer offering this feature?), an optical path selector and a vertical photo/video/digital port.
- A large, ergonomic stand, which allows the attachment of all the standard and optional modules and components such as the stage, condensers, illuminator, intermediate module, and LOMO's unique, rotatable Monochrometer. The stand features a sturdy 200mm x 250mm tripod base complete with rubber feet that provide maximum stability and insulate the POLAM™-L from vibrations - a particular advantage for photomicrography. The stand also incorporates smooth coaxial focusing using the POLAM's wear-resistant ball-bearing mechanism that virtually eliminates backlash and unwanted lateral shift of the specimen during focusing.
Note: One full revolution of the large knurled knobs corresponds to 6.3mm (coarse) and 0.25mm (fine) of the stage's vertical movement. The coarse focus has a travel range of 33mm and the fine - 2.5mm. The graduated micrometer knob allows vertical measurements accurate to 0.002 mm.
- A quintuple revolving nosepiece featuring a precision ball-bearing mechanism, a wide knurled grip for easy rotation, and click stops for parfocality, parcentricity and exact optical alignment. All five objectives positions are independently centerable with the provided wrenches.
- A Round, 360° Rotatable, Ball-bearing, Graduated Stage CT-17 POL and an attachable mechanical stage CT-17.
- A variable-intensity 12V/100W Koehler halogen illumination system that guarantees sharp, bright images for all contrast techniques and perfect color temperature control for photomicrography. An external power supply is available for both 110 and 220 VAC operation.
- A high-performance, achromatic, strain-free universal condenser CN-UPOL. It includes a rotatable, graduated, glass polarizer and features a built-in aperture iris diaphragm. This state-of-the-art device includes one simple and effective feature unavailable from any other manufacturer in the world: a built-in, rotatable and centerable disc with six diaphragms for Brightfield, Phase Contrast, Darkfield and Dispersion Staining (central and annular).
- LOMO's newest POL Series of strain-free Plan-Achromatic and Semi-Plan-Achromatic objectives. 5 included: 2.5 x 0.05 Plan, 10 x 0.20 Plan, 25 x 0.50 Plan, 40 x 0.65 Plan, and 60 x 0.85 dry Semi-Plan
- Five high performance, widefield EKW compensating eyepieces: three 10X and two 16X.
- An intermediate module IM-POL; used for the introduction into the optical path and rotation of the analyzer, manipulation of compensators, and the changeover between Conoscopic and Orthoscopic observation via the focusable, centerable and removable Bertrand lens.
- 4 compensators, allowing retardation measurements of crystals, fibers, living organisms, etc. All compensator sliders are DIN standard (6mm x 20mm) and fit into the slot in the Intermediate Module.
- CP-FR First Order Red Plate (539nm) $195.00
- CP-QP 1/4 Plate $135.00
- CP-QS S©narmont Plate
- CP-QW Quartz Wedge ($445)(1 "3.5)
Note: We also have DIN standard compensators available for purchase separately. Specifically, we have the CP-FR, CP-QP and CP-QW available for purchase. Please see below for pricing.
In addition to the above features, models POLAM-L 213 BR & TR also contain the following valuable components, which greatly enhance the POLAM-L's versatility and add to the already incredible value of this microscope system.
- The CN-HPOL High Numerical Aperture Condenser; The CN-HPOL is a strain-free achromatic condenser with a numerical aperture of 1.25 for use with all objectives including the 100x oil. It includes a rotatable, graduated, glass polarizer and features a built-in aperture iris diaphragm.
- 2 additional objectives;
- A 40x phase contrast objective (N.A. 0.65) for use with the 40x phase contrast annuli incorporated in the CN-UPOL Universal Turret Condenser.
- A 100 x 1.25 oil immersion, strain-free, Semi-Plan Achromat objective
Trinocular configurations of the POLAM-L 213 (models TE and TR) include several interchangeable vertical adapters, used with the HU-POL Universal Head, which allow for a wide variety of photomicrographic capabilities, including the attachment of 35mm, video and digital cameras.
The adapters are:
- VA-F2POL Photo Tube Adapter with T-mount (3x) for attaching 35mm cameras
- VA-V2POL C-mount Video Adapter, Focusing (0.5X) for attaching C-mount video and digital cameras
- VA-E2POL Eyepiece Tube Adapter, DIN standard (23.2mm), for insertion of 3rd party camera adapters and digital camera adapters (sold separately) available from Optics Planet for consumer/professional digital cameras, such as the Nikon CoolPix 995 and 4500.
And last, but certainly not least, you can purchase an attachable Monochrometer for any POLAM-L 213. LOMO's unique and patented monochrometer is ideal for determining refractive indices of glass, minerals, fibers and other specimens. It features a rotatable disc with six calibrated interference filters (calibration chart included). Tilting the disc at different angles will produce monochromatic light of wavelengths between 400 and 700nm. Dial in 589nm for refractive index determinations by the Becke line method. Don't need monochromatic light? The monochrometer is also very useful for simply adding background contrast of many different shades of color for spicing up images and picture taken through the microscope.
- Asbestos ID
- Microchemical Tests
- Analytical Chemistry
- Gout ID
Contact us info@OpticsPlanet.com for more details and configuration questions!
You can view a configuration table listing the components included with each POLAM-L 213 model here.
| LOMO POLAM Configuration
|| Stand w/Revolving Quintuple Nosepiece
|| Stage, Round, 360 deg., Rotable, Graduated
|| Stage, Mechanical, Attachable
|| Head, Universal
|| Illuminator Assy.