Maui Jim Sunglasses embody the Hawaiian spirit of Aloha. This family of top-quality sunglasses is designed to bring out the rich colors of nature, and to let you perform at your peak. The moment you slip on a pair of Maui Jim Sun Glasses, you'll be hit by the "wow factor" - that moment of clarity when pure color comes rushing in. Maui Jim builds superb technology into every pair of sunglasses they make, with multiple lens coatings that obliterate glare and infuse your view with vivid color, clarity and contrast.
Maui Jim Sunglasses are unpretentious and natural in style, but also feature unabashed high technology - technology like the Maui Jim PolarizedPlus2 lens, with multiple specialized coatings to shed water and snow, reduce eye fatigue, and prevent scratching. Maui Jim polarized sunglasses use a proprietary polarizing film to eliminate glare and transmit usable light to your eyes, and every lens is "white balanced" so that objects that appear white without sunglasses (such as snow and clouds) will also appear white with sunglasses. Slip on a pair of Maui Jim Sunglasses and bring your world to life.
Maui Jim Sunglasses are available with four different lens tints, each intended to deal with a particular lighting condition:
Neutral Grey - The highest available light reduction for rich color and contrast. Ideal for bright direct sunlight. Ordinary gray lenses flatten colors evenly across the whole spectrum, but Neutral Gray deliver the full richness of the color around you.
HCL Bronze - Excellent contrast for everyday variable conditions. Great if you love a warm, subtle bronze tint. For full sun to overcast. HLC Bronze lenses make for great driving sunglasses.
Maui Rose - The highest contrast available for everyday variable conditions. Excellent for fast moving sports. Provides a subtle rose tint. For full sun to overcast skies, and low to medium light conditions.
Maui HT - High Transmission, for times when most lenses would be too dark. More contrast and color for early morning, late afternoon and foggy days. For low light conditions.
Maui Jims are specially designed and constructed to block glare - the randomly oriented light that disrupts and diminishes your view. Maui Jim's PolarizedPlus2 Technology is infused into every lens, stopping glare and enhancing color. You'll be amazed at the difference you see when you try on a pair of Maui Jims - suddenly the haze vanishes, and the colors shine through with a clarity you never suspected was possible. They block glare not only from in front, but from above and below (via Maui Jim's gradient tint, which increases the tinting at top and bottom of the lens) and even from behind (with anti-reflective coatings that keep light from bouncing off the inside of the lens and into your eye.)
Maui Jim Sunglass Lens Materials
Maui Jim Sunglasses are built with three basic lens materials:
- Glass lenses - glass offers the best visual clarity. It is a bit heavier than other materials, but not by much - Maui Jim uses a specially devised "Super Thin" cutting technique that lets them make their glass lenses 1.8mm thick. When the standard coatings and layers are added, the lens is still thick enough to meet ANSI standards. Great for driving, ocean fishing, visits to the beach and everyday non-sporting use.
- Maui Evolution lenses - a proprietary material with properties similar to Trivex. Good for driving, golf, running, shore fishing, non-contact sports.
- Polycarbonate lenses - good for driving and sports like baseball, golf, tennis, and contact sports.
Maui Jim Sunglass Coatings
Every Maui Jim lens gets a range of coatings and layers, each of which serves a distinct function:
- Waterproof / Oleophobic Coating - sheds rain and snow, repels oil and fingerprints, makes cleaning easy. It's called a "coating", but this treatment is truly an integral part of the lens. The treatment essentially acts as a windshield wiper for your eyes.
- Anti-reflective treatment - absorbs bounce-back glare from behind, to reduce eye fatigue.
- Clearshell - Maui Jim's own scratch-resistant coating shields against scratches. Available only on Maui Evolution and Polycarbonate lenses.
- Polarizing Film - proprietary film eliminates glare and transmits more usable light.
- Bi-Gradient Mirror - eliminates overhead and reflected glare from above and below.
Maui Jim Sunglass Frame Materials
- Titanium - this metal is light and strong for durability and comfortable long-term wear
- Monel - a copper / zinc alloy, used in all 6-base and 6-base Maui Jim frames
We are pleased to bring you a premium collection of the very best polarized sunglasses from Maui Jim. Whether you choose metal or nylon frames, no matter the lens color and tint, you'll feel and see the difference when you're wearing Maui Sunglasses. If you're looking for Maui Jim discount sunglasses, you're in the right place - we constantly strive to bring you the best prices and the best deals online! In addition to standard MJ sunglasses, we have a full suite of Maui Jim eye wear - including Maui Jim RX Sunglasses, Maui Jim readers, and more. Check out our collection of Maui Jim reviews to see what other customers have had to say about their experience with these high-quality sunglasses!