Designed and built for photographing astronomical objects, the Meade 16" LX600 ACF Telescope is an ideal choice for serious astronomers and astrophotographers. This simple-to-operate, portable fork-mounted telescope makes taking great photos as easy as focusing your camera and opening the shutter. The Meade LX600 16inch ACF Telescope builds on two standard-setting lines, with the venerable and standard-setting performance of the LX200, combined with the f/8 ACF optical system from the LX800 series, including the patent-pending internal Craford-style zero shift focuser. Add the Meade StarLock system full time automatic auto-guiding, ultra-high precision pointing, and LightSwitch style automatic alignments, and you have top-of-the-line portable telescope that will keep you locked on target whether you're viewing or photographing. The Meade LX600 16" Telescope offers a complete astrophotographic package, ready for field portable equatorial alignment, full time guiding, and imaging at f/8.
The Meade LX600 ACF 12 Telescope is a sophisticated instrument for the advanced astronomer, with a range of integrated features and technology that cannot be matched by any other manufacturer and cannot be duplicated by just attaching a set of add-ons to another telescope. Major features included with the Meade 16" LX600-ACF Astrophotography Telescope include:
- Fast f/8 Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optical systems. Meade has completely redesigned the OTAs with a new mirror mounting and focusing system to achieve zero image-shift and a two-speed microfocuser. The scope features faster f/8 ACF optics giving you pinpoint stars all the way across the field of view.
- StarLock. The Meade 16" LX600-ACF Telescope integrates a unique star tracking and object finding system into the telescope mount. This integration allows the telescope to center your target perfectly in the field of view. Once centered, the star tracking system communicates directly with the motor drives to automatically assure your scope stays locked onto its target with arcsecond precision. The automated optical tracking system delivers long-exposure guiding with pinpoint stars on astro-images despite misalignments, atmospheric refraction, periodic or other mechanical errors. This level of precision is unobtainable with systems using high precision encoders, software pointing models, large gears or PEC training - and all without the need of an external computer.
- Internal Crayford-style 7:1 Focuser. The completely redesigned mirror mounting system achieves zero-image shift, eliminating the need for a mirror lock and integrates a two-speed microfocuser for quick and easy adjustments.
- Solid Fork Mount With Heavy Duty 5.75" Gears. Large, high-quality worm-gear drives in both axes provide smooth movements with low periodic error that are critical for long exposure astrophotography. Providing the freedom to go horizon to horizon without any meridian flip, unlike German Equatorial Mounts.
- Alt/Az Mode. In alt/az mode, the Meade 16" LX600 also makes for the best visual and short exposure experience possible. The LX600 performs LightSwitch fully-automated self alignment. StarLock will put every target dead center in the eyepiece and track with arcsecond accuracy so you can concentrate on the beautiful, wide fields of pinpoint stars created by the superb f/8 ACF optical system.
- AutoStar II hand control with over 164,000 object database to take you to almost any object imaginable at the push of the GoTo button. AutoStar II allows the user to setup and operate the LX600 in just the way you want.
The Meade 16" LX600 Telescope has 16" diameter f/8 ACF optics (focal length 2032mm) and Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) for maximum image brightness and contrast. The redesigned mirror mounting system achieves zero image shift eliminating the need for a mirror lock and includes an internal Crayford style focuser with two speed, 7:1 reduction control that allows for quick and easy adjustments.
The no-compromise Meade LX600 dual fork mount features 5.75" main gear and pointing accuracy of one arcminute or better in High Precision Mode. This rock solid platform is sure to exceed the need for the most demanding applications, and is a research-grade foundation for the Meade LX600 16" Astrophotography Telescope.