introduces Meade Digital Series Telescopes with Auto Align
. Meade DS-2080AT-LNT 80mm GoTo Telescope 3.1" Refractor 20085
includes Meade LNT Auto-align
and the critically acclaimed Meade Autostar
with 9-speed controller and automatic GO TO
capability to any of over 1400 celestial objects. LNT
(Level North Technology) Module of DS-2080 AT LNT 80 mm Refractor Meade Telescope 20085
features electronic compass, electronic level, precise time, advanced red projection-point SmartFinder
Meade 80mm GoTo Telescope DS 2080 AT LNT
features altazimuth mount - streamlined single-tine fork mount, that provides smoother, more rigid motions in altitude and azimuth. Meade 80mm Telescope 20085
comes with quick release adjustable aluminum tripod with accessory shelf. Meade DS 2080 ComputerTelescope 20085
also includes everything you need: 26mm and 9.7mm 1.25" Super Plossl eyepieces, red dot finder, diagonal, and free planetarium software.
Meade Digital Series Telescope with Meade Autostar Computer Controller, LNT, SmartFinder
is a great beginner telescope
. Meade Level-North Technology (LNT)
and Auto Align
solves the amateur's two biggest challenges: aligning the telescope
to the sky, and locating objects in the heavens. Meade Auto-Align
gives Meade DS Telescopes
the same precision, ease-of-use, and accuracy of telescopes
costing hundreds and even thousands of dollar more. It's the fastest, easiest way to alignment.
Meade Digital Series Telescopes DS-2080AT-LNT
and Meade DS-2130ATS-LNT Telescope 20133
feature LNT Module with SmartFinder
Just enter your point of departure to embark on a tour of the universe.
introduces what everyone's been waiting for: Automatic Alignment
. There's no time and date to enter. No scrolling through a long list of locations. No plodding from star to star. Just give Meade AutoStar
your Zip Code and Auto Align
automatically aligns your Meade Telescope
and finds two finetuning stars for you. Center them and you're ready to tour the universe.
Two stars are easier than three.
Conventional three star alignment
requires you to first enter your precise time, date and location and then choose, move to, and center, three bright objects in the night sky. This means you have to guess at random which objects are bright enough (only a limited number of objects will work, and in a dark sky everything may look bright to you. You must decide which objects are far enough apart and geometrically diverse enough to work. If one of your objects is too faint, or too close to another star, or in line with your other two
objects, your alignment may fail. With Meade Auto Align
Meade SmartFinder - the easiest way to center a star.
Meade Smart Finder
- A) Enter your zip code.
- B) Center a star your scope finds for you.
- C) Repeat. It's that easy.
helps novices with one of the early frustrating parts of astronomy: Centering objects in the finder
scope. To the veteran, this is easy. But for a novice it can feel like looking for stars through a drinking straw. By contrast, an unique Meade Red Dot Finder
lets you look at a wide field of the sky with both eyes open. You simply center the red dot on the object you want to see. Then move to your telescope
's eyepiece for a closer
Specifications for Meade DS-2080 AT LNT 80mm GoTo Refractor Telescope 20085:
Features of Meade DS 2080 AT LNT Telescope 20085:
| Optical Tube Assembly|
|Aperture: || 80mm (3.14")|
|Focal Length: || 800mm|
|Focal Ratio: || F/10|
| Autostar Computer Controller #494|
|Processor: || 68HC11, 8MHz|
|Flash Memory: || 512KB, reloadable|
|Database: || more than 1400 objects|
- Autostar 494 Computer Control
- SmartFinder Red Dot Finder
- LNT Module
- Planetarium software
- Altazimuth mount
- Meade DS-2080LNT 80mm GoTo Computer Telescope w/ AutoStar, LNT, SmartFinder - 20085:
- Optical Tube Assembly: 80mm (3.14") diameter (f/10), 800mm focal length refractor. Silver tube.
- Meade Autostar Control System with LNT: Includes #494 Autostar with 9-speed controller and automatic GO TO capability to any of over 1400 celestial objects. Includes internalized motors, cords, gears and battery compartment (requires 8 AA-sized user-supplied batteries).
- LNT Module: Electronic compass, electronic level, precise time, advanced red projection-point finder.
- Altazimuth Mount: Streamlined single-tine fork mount provides smoother, more rigid motions in altitude and azimuth.
- Accessories: Includes SP26mm and SP9.7mm 1.25" eyepieces, red dot finder, diagonal, free planetarium software.
- Tripod: Quick release adjustable aluminum tripod assembly with accessory shelf.