Meade Instruments introduces the New DS-2000 Series Telescope line. The new line of the Meade DS-2114AT 114mm 4.5" GoTo Reflector Telescope is a prime example of astronomy technology and includes newly enhanced features. These upgraded features include:
New Finder Scope
- 20128: Red Dot projection viewfinder - for easy target acquisition
DS-2000 Generation II Mount
- Better Pointing Accuracy - The newly re-engineered DS-2000 mount provides greater accuracy on automatic "Go-To"; bringing stars even closer to the exact center of the eyepiece.
- More Precise Tracking - The new DS-2000 mount tracks objects to a higher precision. Objects will stay centered in the eyepiece for hours at a time, without the need for adjustment.
- New Industrial Design - A new two toned mount with Blue highlights make the telescope more refined. These colors are unique to Meade making the design prominent and elegant.
- Oversized Declination Lock Knob - A new larger lock knob is very easy to grip and tightens in places with ease. The knob has an aluminum design that gives the mount a distinctly solid, heavy duty feel.
- More Sturdy and Robust - With thicker and more solid legs, the New DS2000 Tripod is more sturdy, and feature a modern ergonomic design.
- Short Dampening Time - With shorter dampening time, the New DS-2000 Tripod keeps objects in the eyepiece clear and steady.
The Meade DS-2114ATS 114mm GoTo Computer Telescope 4.5" Altazimuth Reflector w/ Meade Autostar Controller, LNT, SmartFinder is a fully GoTo telescope that knows the night sky out of the box. This Meade Telescope can take you on a guided tour of the universe at the push of a button. Just flip the power switch and the Meade Computer Telescope DS 2114 ATS performs a self-diagnostic set-up and races off to the first alignment star. See more objects the first night out than Galileo saw in a lifetime: planets, star clusters, nebulae, galaxies and more. With a full 4.5" 114mm aperture of Meade DS-2114 ATS Telescope you'll see more surface detail on planets, more cloud structure in nebulas, more stars in clusters, and more brightness everywhere you look.
Meade DS-2114 ATS Telescope feature Motorized GO-TO Altazimuth Mount and Meade Autostar Computer Controller #494. The Meade AutoStar automatically locates over 1400 objects and points the telescope toward them for you at the push of a button. Meade DS 2114 Telescope includes two Meade Series 4000 Super Plossl 1.25" Telescope Eyepieces 26 mm and 9.7 mm for low and high power viewing with crisp, wide fields of view. These Telescopes also feature the Meade SmartFinder/ Red Dot Viewfinder, making stars and other objects easy to find. Meade DS 2114 ATS Telescope also comes with Aluminum Tripod w/Accessory Tray, Meade Autostar Suite Software and Instructional DVD.
Meade LNT: The advanced Meade LNT Auto-Align Technology featured as standard equipment on Meade LX90 Telescopes and Meade ETX PE Telescopes now integrated into Meade DS-2000 Telescopes. Just turn on the power and the telescope automatically finds level, senses precise north, and inputs (factory calibrated) time and date. Then the telescope races to the first alignment-star automatically without any user inputs or interaction. Meade Automatic Alignment is what everyone's been waiting for: there's no time and date to enter; no scrolling through a long list of locations; no plodding from star to star. Just give Meade AutoStar your Zip Code and Auto Align automatically aligns your Meade Telescope and finds two fine tuning stars for you. Center them and you're ready to tour the universe.
Meade SmartFinder: Electronic level sensor, electronic magnetic north sensor, high precision internal clock and red dot projection finder all work together to get you aligned with the heavens.
Meade Autostar Computer Controller: Meade AutoStar automatically guides your telescope to over 1400 objects. View planets, stars, galaxies, and nebulas all at the push of a button. Don't know what to see on a particular night? Select the Tonight's Best tour and Meade AutoStar will automatically take you on a guided tour of the best planets, stars, nebulas and other objects out that particular night. Want to know more about what you're looking at? The LCD display teaches you about what you're viewing with details like distance, temperature, mass, and historical information. AutoStar is your guide to the universe.
Meade AutoStar Suite Astronomer Edition Software: Amazing planetarium software and Meade Instructional Video will teach you the night sky and how to use your telescope. The Meade AutoStar Suite displays more than 10,000 celestial objects including planets, stars, galaxies and nebulas. You can
print out star charts and even plan your observing sessions.
Available models of Meade DS-2114AT Telescopes:
- 20128: Meade DS-2114AT-TC 114mm GoTo Computer AutoStar Altazimuth Reflector Telescope with Red-Dot Finder
Celestron Sky Map is the ideal teaching guide for learning the night sky. You wouldn't set off on a road trip without a road map, and you don't need to try to navigate the night sky without a map either. Even if you already know your way around the major constellations, Celestron Sky Map can help you locate all kinds of fascinating objects, brought to you by Celestron.
Specifications for Meade DS-2114ATS-LNT Telescope 20125, 20128:
|Optical Design: || Newtonian Reflector|
|Optical Diameter: || 114mm (4.5")|
|Focal Length; f/ratio: || 1000mm; f/8.8|
|Mounting Type: ||
|| Altazimuth, DS-2000 mount
|| Meade AutoStar #494
|| Red Dot, LNT
|Tripod: || Aluminum; full-length; adjustable with accessory tray|
|Eyepiece (1.25"): || SP9.7mm, SP26mm|
|| AutoStar Suite Astronomy Edition PC-compatible DVD