The Meade LXD75 ACF-8AT 8" Advanced Coma-Free Telescope w/ UHTC
offers a high-performance equatorial mount, heavy-duty, all-metal
field tripod and precision drive system. The Meade LXD75 ACF-8AT
features Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
that increase total light transmission and image brightness by nearly 20% over standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies and nebulae will appear significantly brighter. The Advanced Coma-Free Design
is a huge jump over the traditional Schmidt-Cassegrain as far as sharpness of image, flatness of field, and color. Meade Advanced Coma Free Telescopes
deliver the same sharp, flat, comafree field from edge to edge as a typical Ritchey-Chretien. Also included is an electronic hand controller that is fully compatible with Meade
's popular Autostar Suite. The stable Meade LXD75 German Equatorial Mount
is designed for high-performance observing and astrophotography, the LXD75 Series
sets a new Meade
standard in their price class for sturdiness, precision operation and smoothness of movement. With the LXD75
, Meade engineers have created a virtually backlash-free equatorial mount incorporating heavy-duty castings and four high-precision stainless steel ball bearings in both RA and Dec axes. The reliable LXD75
drive system has enhanced precision alignment of the motor gear assembly for greatly reduced backlash and tracking smoothness.
Specifications for Meade LXD75 ACF-8AT 8" Advanced Coma-Free Telescope w/ UHTC:
Features of Meade LXD75 ACF - 8AT 8" Advanced Coma Free Telescope w/ UHTC:
|Aperture: || 8" (203mm)|
|Focal Ratio: || f/10|
|Focal Length: || 2000mm|
|Corrector Lens: || White Water|
|Primary Mirror: || Pyrex|
|Viewfinder: || 8 x 50|
|Hand Controller: || AutoStar|
- Ultra-High-Transmission Coatings.
- Eyepiece Holder: Accepts 1.25" eyepieces. Allows use of all common telescope accessories and cameras.
- 8x50 Achromatic Viewfinder: Easily locate and center deep-sky objects.
- Made in the U.S.A. and Performance Tested: All Meade optics are manufactured at Meade's state-of-the-art facility in Irvine, Calif., then performance tested on an Interferometer.
- Sturdy Mount with Heavy-Duty Castings: Designed by Meade's engineers and manufactured for high-performance observing and astrophotography.
- Shaft & Bearing System: The sturdy German Equatorial Mount is accurate and precise. The RA and Dec axes move effortlessly on four high-precision stainless steel ball bearings.
- High-Precision Worm Gears: Located on both axes for smooth tracking and slewing.
- High-Precision Pointing (HPP): For even more-precise pointing, use the HPP function. HPP puts objects in the center of the field-of-view, which allows you to confirm deep-sky objects at the faintest limits of the telescope's capability.
- Periodic Error Correction: Corrects periodic errors on the RA axis over the course of one or more training periods, thereby minimizing guiding corrections during long-exposure photography.
- 9-Speed Drive Controls: From a rapid slew rate of 4.5°/sec. to 1x sidereal - it's all controlled from the Autostar controller.
- 3-Star Alignment: Ensures precise alignment while eliminating the need for a complicated optical/mechanical alignment process.
- Heavy-Duty Tripod: Variable-height field tripod with spreader bar brace provides the stability and vibration damping required for visual observation and astrophotography.
- Illuminated Polar Alignment Viewfinder: For quick, precise polar alignment.
- Power Supply: Powered by 8 D-size batteries. Can also be powered by optional car cigarette lighter or AC wall adapter.
- Meade LXD75 ACF-8AT 8" Advanced Coma-Free Telescope w/ UHTC