The new Meade LXD75 SN-10AT 10" Schmidt-Newtonian Telescope
offers a high-performance equatorial mount, heavy-duty, all-metal
field tripod and precision drive system. Stable Meade LXD75 German Equatorial Mount
is designed for high-performance observing and astrophotography, the LXD75 Series
sets a new Meade
standard in their price class for sturdiness, precision operation and smoothness of movement. With the LXD75
, Meade engineers have created a virtually backlash-free equatorial mount incorporating heavy-duty castings and four high-precision stainless steel ball bearings in both RA and Dec axes.
The reliable LXD75
drive system has enhanced precision alignment of the motor gear assembly for greatly reduced backlash and tracking smoothness.
Specifications for Meade LXD75 SN-10AT 10" Schmidt-Newtonian Telescope:
Features of Meade LXD75 SN-10AT 10" Schmidt-Newtonian Telescope:
|Aperture: || 10" (254mm)|
|Focal Ratio: || f/4|
|Focal Length: || 1016mm|
|Corrector Lens: || White Water|
|Primary Mirror: || Pyrex|
|Viewfinder: || 8 x 50|
|Hand Controller: || AutoStar|
- 2" Focuser: Aluminum rack and pinion focuser allows
the user to achieve a precise focus.
- Eyepiece Holder: Accepts both 1.25" & 2"
eyepieces. Allows use of all common telescope accessories and cameras.
- 8x50 Achromatic Viewfinder: Easily locate and center
- Made in the U.S.A. and Performance Tested: All Meade
Schmidt-Newtonian and Schmidt-Cassegrain optics are manufactured at Meade's
state-of-the-art facility in Irvine, Calif., then performance tested on an
- Sturdy Mount with Heavy-Duty Castings: Designed by
Meade's engineers and manufactured for high-performance observing and
- Shaft & Bearing System: The sturdy German
Equatorial Mount is accurate and precise. The RA and Dec axes move
effortlessly on four high-precision stainless steel ball bearings.
- High-Precision Worm Gears: Located on both axes for
smooth tracking and slewing.
- High-Precision Pointing (HPP): For even more-precise
pointing, use the HPP function. HPP puts objects in the center of the
field-of-view, which allows you to confirm deep-sky objects at the faintest
limits of the telescope's capability.
- Periodic Error Correction: Corrects periodic errors
on the RA axis over the course of one or more training periods, thereby
minimizing guiding corrections during long-exposure photography.
- 9-Speed Drive Controls: From a rapid slew rate of
4.5°/sec. to 1x sidereal - it's all controlled from the Autostar controller.
- 3-Star Alignment: Ensures precise alignment while
eliminating the need for a complicated optical/mechanical alignment process.
- Heavy-Duty Tripod: Variable-height field tripod with
spreader bar brace provides the stability and vibration damping required for
visual observation and astrophotography.
- Illuminated Polar Alignment Viewfinder: For quick,
precise polar alignment.
- Power Supply: Powered by 8 D-size batteries. Can also be powered by optional car cigarette lighter or AC wall adapter.
- Meade LXD75 SN-10AT 10" Schmidt-Newtonian Telescope