2,509 Brands 452 Categories All Departments

Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Find your style! Let our pros help you sort through the vast selection of sunglass styles and brands on OpticsPlanet.com.

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby LimitedSpy on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:58 am

Liz,

Would it be possible to tell what size frame I need by my fitted hat size? I wear a 7 3/8 fitted hat. Rather than order a pair of 50mm and end up returning them for 54mm I was wondering if there was a sizing chart or you could figure it out by my hat size. I understand your return policy is simple, I would just rather be right on the first shot haha. Thanks in advance for your help.
LimitedSpy
 

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby Josh2010 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:37 pm

Hello I'm planning on buying the 5121's.The size of my glasses are 52-18-140..do you have any idea on how the 50-22-140 5121's will fit?
Josh2010
 

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby kristinas on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:10 am

Hi,

The difference between the 2 sizes of Ray Ban RX5121 eyeglasses is not large. The smaller size will fit just a little smaller. The lenses on it are a little less wide but the nose piece is wider so you will, most likely, not even notice the difference between the 2 models.
Kristina @ Optics Planet
kristinas
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:30 am

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby Liz on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi guys! Sorry I was not in the office for a week and did not have to chance to respond earlier.

LimitedSpy wrote:Liz,

Would it be possible to tell what size frame I need by my fitted hat size? I wear a 7 3/8 fitted hat. Rather than order a pair of 50mm and end up returning them for 54mm I was wondering if there was a sizing chart or you could figure it out by my hat size. I understand your return policy is simple, I would just rather be right on the first shot haha. Thanks in advance for your help.


LimitedSpy, I would recommend the larger size for you. If you are looking at Ray-Ban 2140, than get it in 54 mm size. It will most likely fit you better.

Hello I'm planning on buying the 5121's.The size of my glasses are 52-18-140..do you have any idea on how the 50-22-140 5121's will fit?


Josh2010, I think Kristina nailed it. :wink: Please let me know if you have other questions.
Liz @ OpticsPlanet

Sunglasses Store

Prescription Sunglasses Store
Liz
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby lostintranslation2 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi,

I have the 2132 902 52 18, which I think is too small, but I'm not sure why. I tried a 50mm 2113, but didn't like it at all.

From the sound of things, I think the 2140 will look great, but can you help me figure out which size would fit best?

To help out, here is my face:
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8126/s7304047.jpg (No sunglasses))
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/3544/s7304048.jpg (2132 902 52 18)
lostintranslation2
 

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby Liz on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:26 pm

Sounds like RB 2140 in 50 mm size will be too small for you. See if Ray-Ban RB 2140 in 54 mm size fits you. In my opinion it should fit you perfect, but to know for sure you will need to try it on :wink: You can get it from us, we do not charge for Ground shipping to the continental US and you will have 30 days to return the sunglasses for a full refund if you don't like them. You will just be short of the postage fee to ship it back to us in the work case scenario 8)

http://www.opticsplanet.com/ray-ban-ico ... asses.html
Liz @ OpticsPlanet

Sunglasses Store

Prescription Sunglasses Store
Liz
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby Kidd on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi. I saw a Wayfarer RB-2140a today. I wonder what does "a" mean? Tried to Google it, the webs that appeared were almost all Japanese website. Somebody help me please? Cos I still can't tell the difference (assuming there is), and the seller gave me a bargain price, equivalent of $133 (I'm in Indonesia), comparing to the $200 RB-2140 I saw in other shop. Thanks.
Kidd
 

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby Liz on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:22 pm

Kidd wrote:Hi. I saw a Wayfarer RB-2140a today. I wonder what does "a" mean? Tried to Google it, the webs that appeared were almost all Japanese website. Somebody help me please? Cos I still can't tell the difference (assuming there is), and the seller gave me a bargain price, equivalent of $133 (I'm in Indonesia), comparing to the $200 RB-2140 I saw in other shop. Thanks.


Hi, Kidd. I think "a" stands for "Asia". Luxottica (the manufacturer of Ray-Ban) is based in Italy, but has a wide net of distribution world-wide. Probably the "a" frames are just allocated for the Asian market. On the contrary, these could be the frames that feature Asian fit. In the first scenario, the sunglasses will be exactly the same. In the second one, they will fit differently. I left my Ray Ban contact a voice message to find out for sure. As soon as I hear back from him, I will post here.
Liz @ OpticsPlanet

Sunglasses Store

Prescription Sunglasses Store
Liz
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby g. on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:40 am

hi Liz,
my mom gave me her vintage wayfarer II in black, she must've bought it in the late 80s. there's nothing special written on the temples, just WAYFARER II B&L RAY-BAN U.S.A. they fit perfectly and now i'm thinking about buying a red RB2140 but i'm not sure about the size. is the 54mm one about the same size as the vintage one? (i couldn't find a single large RB2140 anywhere so i can't try them on) or could you help me find a model that's the closest to the wayfarer II? thanks:)
g.
 

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby Liz on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:04 pm

g. wrote:hi Liz,
my mom gave me her vintage wayfarer II in black, she must've bought it in the late 80s. there's nothing special written on the temples, just WAYFARER II B&L RAY-BAN U.S.A. they fit perfectly and now i'm thinking about buying a red RB2140 but i'm not sure about the size. is the 54mm one about the same size as the vintage one? (i couldn't find a single large RB2140 anywhere so i can't try them on) or could you help me find a model that's the closest to the wayfarer II? thanks:)


Hi, g. I think vintage Ray Ban sunglasses came in a larger size. So, try RB-2140 in 54 mm. Keep in mind that Ray-Ban has modified the original B&L model little bit. For example, they have added a pantoscopic tilt, which makes the model easier to wear.
Liz @ OpticsPlanet

Sunglasses Store

Prescription Sunglasses Store
Liz
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby g. on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:04 pm

Liz wrote:Hi, g. I think vintage Ray Ban sunglasses came in a larger size. So, try RB-2140 in 54 mm. Keep in mind that Ray-Ban has modified the original B&L model little bit. For example, they have added a pantoscopic tilt, which makes the model easier to wear.


then i'll stick with the large one. thank you :)
g.
 

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby Liz on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:35 pm

g. wrote:
Liz wrote:Hi, g. I think vintage Ray Ban sunglasses came in a larger size. So, try RB-2140 in 54 mm. Keep in mind that Ray-Ban has modified the original B&L model little bit. For example, they have added a pantoscopic tilt, which makes the model easier to wear.


then i'll stick with the large one. thank you :)


Any time 8)
Liz @ OpticsPlanet

Sunglasses Store

Prescription Sunglasses Store
Liz
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby Kidd on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:40 am

Liz wrote:
Kidd wrote:Hi. I saw a Wayfarer RB-2140a today. I wonder what does "a" mean? Tried to Google it, the webs that appeared were almost all Japanese website. Somebody help me please? Cos I still can't tell the difference (assuming there is), and the seller gave me a bargain price, equivalent of $133 (I'm in Indonesia), comparing to the $200 RB-2140 I saw in other shop. Thanks.


Hi, Kidd. I think "a" stands for "Asia". Luxottica (the manufacturer of Ray-Ban) is based in Italy, but has a wide net of distribution world-wide. Probably the "a" frames are just allocated for the Asian market. On the contrary, these could be the frames that feature Asian fit. In the first scenario, the sunglasses will be exactly the same. In the second one, they will fit differently. I left my Ray Ban contact a voice message to find out for sure. As soon as I hear back from him, I will post here.


Ah, makes sense! Maybe that's why most of the webs that mentioned it were Japanese websites. Thanks a lot Liz :)
Kidd
 

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby venusgeneus on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi. Can anyone please tell me where I can find the 2151's in black with black lenses in size 54mm? I have had no luck at all finding them in that size anywhere and any help would be greatly appreciated.
venusgeneus
 

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby andrewexd on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:39 am

If my prescription glasses are 54mm, then should 54mm Wayfarers be the right size for me ? thanks.
andrewexd
 

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby danny_r on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:51 pm

I searched through this thread and couldn't seem to find what I was looking for.

I wanted to get wayfarer eyeglasses and had a question. I tried on the 2132 sunglasses at 52-18 and they fit great. I liked that they weren't so long (height wise) and they didn't slant forward like some other wayfarers. I was wondering if 2132's come as eyeglasses or if there was another frame you think would work. Thank you.
danny_r
 

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby Liz on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:59 pm

venusgeneus wrote:Hi. Can anyone please tell me where I can find the 2151's in black with black lenses in size 54mm? I have had no luck at all finding them in that size anywhere and any help would be greatly appreciated.


The darkest Ray-Ban lenses are G-15 (sometimes they are called crystal green). The green tint is so dark that it almost looks like dark gray or even black. That's probably what you are looking for. But unfortunately, Ray Ban RB 2151 is not available with 54 mm lenses. They do not go bigger than 52 mm. Did you try them on? If not, you should give it a shot. Keep in mind that the lens size is the effective diameter of the lens and not the actual width of the lens. If you compare the 52 mm size of RB 2151 to 54 mm size of RB 2140, they can actually fit you almost the same. The effective diameter of RB2140 is larger simply because the lens is taller.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/ray-ban-ico ... asses.html

andrewexd wrote:If my prescription glasses are 54mm, then should 54mm Wayfarers be the right size for me? thanks.


It is hard to tell for sure as in addition to the eye size you should take into consideration the distance between the lenses, the vertical measurement of the lens, temple length. But you can definitely give it a try. There is a good chance that it fits well as the eye size is the same.

danny_r wrote:I searched through this thread and couldn't seem to find what I was looking for.

I wanted to get wayfarer eyeglasses and had a question. I tried on the 2132 sunglasses at 52-18 and they fit great. I liked that they weren't so long (height wise) and they didn't slant forward like some other wayfarers. I was wondering if 2132's come as eyeglasses or if there was another frame you think would work. Thank you.


You can get RB2132 prescription frame with clear lenses and wear it as eyeglasses. We have a lot of customers who do so. That's why we even list clear lenses as an option on the web site! :)

http://www.opticsplanet.com/ray-ban-ico ... es-rx.html
Liz @ OpticsPlanet

Sunglasses Store

Prescription Sunglasses Store
Liz
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby Guest on Mon May 17, 2010 4:59 am

Hi Liz,

So did you ever find out if the RB-2140A wayfarers were Asian Fit? Or are these just distributed/made in Asia?
Guest
 

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby Liz on Mon May 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Guest wrote:Hi Liz,

So did you ever find out if the RB-2140A wayfarers were Asian Fit? Or are these just distributed/made in Asia?


Sorry, did not get an answer as of today.
Liz @ OpticsPlanet

Sunglasses Store

Prescription Sunglasses Store
Liz
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Ray ban wayfarer Size?

Postby Curious on Wed May 19, 2010 4:07 am

I have a 2140 in 50mm, and I was wondering which will fit me better: the 2151 in 49mm or 52mm. Thinking of making them into my RX glasses. Am I right to say that the 49mm will be better?
Curious
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:05 am