Ray-ban: RB3016, Made in China - Fake or not
Got today via ebay deal RB3016, black, with "Made in China" on right arm. This is my 3rd try to get not overpriced ones abroad. Costed me 120 usd all in all.
Everything looks pretty as original one, but:
- nose temple - has printed and not engraved size
- RB on left lance curved from inside the lense and not from outside as other RB3016 I have seen
- Cloth - comes sealed with paperworks, its glance and light paper.
The worries are:
- etched RB logo from inside and not outside.
- nose temple size is printed and not curved/engraved
- Right arm logo and "made in china" looks doggy to me...a bit smashed too and deformated (especially Rayban logo)
- Cloth, usually it comes separate, w/o paperworks.
- Vlad Lee
The etched logo should be present, you are correct. The inside or outside can depend on the individual model. The size of the frame along with model numbers are always printed on the inside of the temple arm.
I think you have the real deal.
Thanks for the post. It's great to hear that someone put them to a test. I have been trying to tell people for years that it generally doesn't matter where the factory is...they are all still authentic.