2,532 Brands 452 Categories All Departments


Optics for your pocket.


Postby Tom Bender on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:14 pm

An ordinary magnifying glass is often useful but the reflections of flourescent lights overhead are a problem. Are there lenses with coatings or flat backs to reduce this?
Tom Bender

Re: Reflections

Postby Jne_K on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:20 am


Yes, you can get magnifiers with anti-reflective coatings on Zeiss models, though these are expensive. The coatings are primarily used to increase light transmission, but they will help reduce reflections, too. However, most inexpensive magnifiers will not offer these coatings. If you want to keep things cheap, your stuck with the reflections.
Thanks for posting with us
Joanie K - Your personal optics expert

Forum: http://www.opticsplanet.com/msgboard
Blog: http://blog.opticsplanet.com/
Store: http://www.opticsplanet.com/

Phone: (800) 504-5897
Fax: (847) 919-3003
Site Admin
Posts: 7665
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:09 pm