2,548 Brands 529 Categories All Departments

What do I need for Bushnell Discoverer Spottingscope 78-1600

This forum is dedicated to spotting scope and monocular topics. We have a great a selection of the best spotting scopes and monoculars on the market. Share your reviews, tips and tricks. Ask questions, we're here to help!

What do I need for Bushnell Discoverer Spottingscope 78-1600

Postby randalla on Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

I have been given a Baush and Lomb "Discoverer" No. 78-1600 spottingscope as a gift and would like to get an “adapter” and t mount so that I can use it with my Nikon camera. I have a Nikon FS-4 and a Nikon DX70…standard Nikon mounts. What do I need and do you have it? I live in Eastern Oregon and would like to order the “right stuff”.

Postby on Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:22 am


For the Discoverer and any SLR, you will need two parts

1) a t-ring for your brand and type of SLR, for instance, the 07378 by Meade,

2) a camera t-ring adapter (tube) for the Discoverer, #22-3030. This one is the problem. It is no longered being offered as an item for sale by Bushnell. Right now, your only chance on this part is a used one. Sorry.
Your personal optics expert
Joanie (Jne) K
Phone: (888) 263-0356
Fax: (847) 574-6820
Site Admin
Posts: 4044
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Prospect Heighs, IL