2,548 Brands 529 Categories All Departments

help with a certain type of a Canon Camera

Want to know a different between an SLR and point-n-shoot? Need a camera accessory, but not sure? We are glad to assist!

help with a certain type of a Canon Camera

Postby shaunerrr on Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:28 pm

Hey, i have an older - late 80s - canon camera. And i cannot seem to find any information on it. All it says is EF on the front. its a 50mm camera. The lens is an FD with 1:14? I also have a sunpak flash and a 100-200mm lens. I am also trying to find an estimated price range for this camera, and i am aware it may not be that much. Thanks to anyone in advance.

Postby on Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:39 am


You'll definitely need to get more information before anyone will quote you a price. An FD lens is a manual focus mount lens, but an EF is an autofocus mount. The two are not compatible.

Does your camera have autofocus? If so, it is one of the many EOS models. If not, it is one of many A, F, or T series manual focus cameras.

Here is a good site to check if you have a manual focus camera. Provides pictures and a great discussion, ... rces/SLRs/
Your personal optics expert
Joanie (Jne) K
Phone: (888) 263-0356
Fax: (847) 574-6820
Site Admin
Posts: 4044
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Prospect Heighs, IL