Gah -- can't decide!
This is a gift for my brother's 50th birthday, I want to spend $400 or less. I'm still not sure whether to get a binocular or monocular but here's what I'm considering:
Bushnell Stealthview Monocular - http://www.opticsplanet.com/bushnell-ni ... 60542.html
Yukon Digital Night Ranger - http://www.opticsplanet.com/yukon-digit ... 28041.html
ATN Night Shadow I - http://www.opticsplanet.com/atnnigshadni.html
Yukon Viking 2x24 Night Vision Binoculars - http://www.opticsplanet.com/yukon-2x24- ... ulars.html
Yukon Viking Pro 2x24 -- http://www.opticsplanet.com/yukon-vikin ... 25022.html
Here are my requirements:
(1) My brother's house is in a dark rural area with minimal ambient light. I want something that allows him to see wildlife on his property -- probably a range of up to 300-500 yards?
(2) Good image quality is important as he only turns 50 once.
(3) Good value is important as I am splitting the cost with my mother and other brother.
(4) Must be in stock and available for overnight shipping as his birthday bash is this weekend!
(5) I don't like the idea of the 6 AA batteries for the Bushnell but my brother is pretty smart re: electronics and can probably find a suitable adapter.
Please help me decide soon, thanks!
Steve at OpticsPlanet
Phone: (800) 504-5897
Fax: (847) 919-3003
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2013
- Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:35 am