digital Bushnell--- Yukon night vision ?
Steve at OpticsPlanet
Phone: (800) 504-5897
Fax: (847) 919-3003
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2182
- Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:35 am
1) The Yukon has an adjustable IR illuminator, while the Bushnell's is fixed intensity (and is often too bright)
2) The Yukon's IR emmission spot is slightly larger and fills more of the screen than the Bushnell
3) The Yukon includes an extra battery tray, and an A/C & D/C adaptor
4) The Bushnell feels like a more solid unit and the buttons have less of a clunky feel to them. Also there are reports of the gain wheel on the Yukon failing.
5) The Bushnell battery tray cover seems more durable than the Yukon
-After all this I was slightly torn. Each has its pros and cons. For me it came down to price. I bought the Bushnell for $280, while the Yukon typically goes for $400. I definitely like the adjustable IR on the Yukon, but the durability of the unit concerns me (and confirms what others have said about buttons breaking). They're both very good, and if they were equal price the decision would be more difficult, but at this time I definitely don't think the Yukon is $120 better than the Bushnell!