Handgun Scope Parallax Setting Query
For example --
A Weaver Classic Handgun 2.5-8x28mm Duplex Variable Scope has the parallax set at 50 yards.
A Leupold VX-3 2.5-8x32mm Handgun Scope has a 90 yard parallax correction distance.
A Nikon Force XR 2.5-8x28 Handgun Scope has a parallax setting of 100 yards.
It is my guess that the majority of my handgun shooting will be between 50 and 100 yards, but it could be occasionally less than 50 yards and occasionally over 100 yards.
1) How important is the parallax setting?
2) Which parallax setting should I chose and why?
3) Will a long parallax setting be a disadvantage up close?
4) Will a short parallax setting be a disadvantage at a distance?
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:00 am
Trevor at OpticsPlanet
Phone: (800) 504-5897
Fax: (847) 919-3003
- Posts: 527
- Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:42 am