2,558 Brands 529 Categories All Departments

Weaver-style mounts

Discuss Leupold, Bushnell, Swarovski, Weaver & more. Need advice on a scope for your firearm? We can help!

Weaver-style mounts

Postby Iboogietoo on Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:48 pm

Can someone tell me what distinguishes a "Weaver-style" mount from some other mounts? When I look at advertisements for rifle scopes, they never say what type of mount is required. Some of these scopes include the rings - and they STILL don't say what type of mount is required. Help! :(

Postby Max Optics on Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:23 pm


"Weaver-style" is a type of clamp that is usually found on most all scopes and rings that are used to secure a scope to a rifle. Weaver-style mounts are used in conjunction with dove tail rails that are usually found on the rifle and are the base for the clamps to attach to. If you do not have a rail on your rifle then most likely a weaver mount will not work. Some rings are directly connected to the base of the rifle and others use a clip system. Most of these systems are custom or not as popular as the weaver style. I hope this helps you out.
Best Regards,
Phone: (888) 263-0356
Fax: (847) 556-1053
Max Optics
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:28 pm