2,462 Brands 451 Categories All Departments

Good Scope Brands

Post a reply


Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen:
BBCode is ON
[img] is OFF
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON
Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Good Scope Brands

Re: Good Scope Brands

Post by Steven_L on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:29 pm

You are most welcome!

Re: Good Scope Brands

Post by blackfoot on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:57 pm

Steve, thank you I appreciate and value your suggestion! Greg

Re: Good Scope Brands

Post by Steven_L on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:48 pm

I would be proud to own either of the scopes I mentioned, but the Nikon takes the prize because of the Spot On Technoloty website. It is simply the best available, and free. I prefer the target dials on the Buckmaster, also, over the Redfield version. The Nikon is a higher quality product, in this case, I believe. Both are very good products and you will be pleased with the tracking and durability of both. I have used both a lot, but for your application, the Buckmaster would be a better fit.

Re: Good Scope Brands

Post by blackfoot on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:12 pm

Steve, what does your company recommend for good quality in my budget;no matter where they made?

Re: Good Scope Brands

Post by Steven_L on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:30 am

90% of the riflescopes in your price range WILL be Chinese, but it's not all crap. The other 10% will be from the Phillipines, or Tailand, or Vietnam, or Indonesia, etc. If you want North American, you start at the Redfield Revolution line, then go up to Leupold. Revolutions are not available in a higher magnification scope, and the excellent Leupolds are out of your price range. Check out the Redfield Revenge 6-18x44, or the fine quality Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x44. Both are very good scopes, not made here. Domestic scopes like you describe do not exist.

Good Scope Brands

Post by blackfoot on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:56 pm

I am looking for (2) 6-18x40 scopes or similar for a 22 RF Anschutz for target shooting. I can't afford the high end European/ Leopold scope brands. My budget is about $300, but my problem is that there are so many poorly rated brands by users/consumers on this board and others, I am not sure what to buy.

I would appreciate any ideas for something other than Chinese made crap.

Top