2,558 Brands 529 Categories All Departments

Scope for photography

Post a reply

Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen:
BBCode is ON
[img] is OFF
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON
Topic review

Expand view Topic review: Scope for photography

Post by Guest on Thu May 04, 2006 2:12 pm

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, the polarization filters can easily be removed from the microscope. so it can be used as a normal brightfield microscope.

And yes, to get simple polarization you can get 2 sheets of polarizing film and place one below the sample and one above the sample.

However, besides the polarizing filters, the main difference between the TRH4-POL and its brightfield equivalent, the TMH4-BF, is the centerable rotating stage. The TRH4-POL comes with a centerable rotating stage, which is a must for polarized light observations. The TMH4-BF comes with a square mechanical stage that is not rotatable. Therefore, I would recommend purchasing the TRH4-POL and simply removing the polarizing filters when you want to use brightfield illumination.

Sent by Chris V at LomoAmerica.

Scope for photography

Post by ddreg on Wed May 03, 2006 12:40 pm


I'm interested in getting a scope for photography. I'm currently thinking about the TRH4-POL TRINOCULAR. I saw some pictures of crystals and would like to try the same.

I would also like to use the scope to take pictures of pond water stuff. So can the Polarization part of the scope be removed and used as a normal scope? For this reason, would it be better to try and modify a normal scope? Can I just get two sheets of polarized material and place one in front of the light source and one on top of the slide? Will that work?