If you demand the very best - if nothing short of of perfection will do - then Oakley Sunglasses are the first and last sunglasses you should consider. Oakleys are known the world over for the incredible clarity of their optics... the unmatched style of their design... and the unending comfort of their fit. Each pair of Oakleys is the result of decades of research and development, of a philosophy that demands tearing down the whole idea of what sunglasses could be, then rebuilding it with fresh ideas, new vision, and a whole lot of high-grade technology. Slip on a pair of Oakley Sunglasses, and you'll never want to go back.
Oakley Sunglasses feature the best materials - the best lenses - and the coolest styles. All of it comes with a huge range of lens tints and options. Learn how it all comes together below!
Available lens tints for Oakley Sunglasses...
Oakley lenses come in a wide variety of tints, made to meet any lighting conditions so you can see clearly and perform at your peak. Click on the links below to find the Oakley lens that suits your needs.
Oakley Tints for Indoors
||Rate of Transmission
||0||All-purpose. Allows the maximum amount of light through for the most accurate representation of your environment, with the added benefit of anti-fog treatment.|
|RUBY CLEAR IRIDIUM||92%||INCREASED||0||Very low light or indoor use only. Features a subtle Iridium coating to increase contrast and reduce glare caused by artificial lighting.|
Learn more about the technologies and materials that go into Oakley Sunglasses...
Oakley Sun Glasses employ a range of proprietary lens technologies, some of which are described here:
- TrueDigital Technology: the lenses in Oakleys are designed and constructed with a proprietary digitally processed system that maps thousands of points on the lens surface. Computer control allows precise construction of the lens, and allows such innovations as prescrption wrap-around lenses. This "digital surfacing" provides unprecedented control over the creation of lenses, even in high-wrap designs.
- HDO High Definition Optics - developed from the need for high-wrap lenses for additional peripheral protection.
- Dual Peripheral Technology: Cheap sunglass lenses give you clear vision only in the center, creating a tunnel vision effect. By contrast, the lenses used in Oakley Sunglasses take into account the differing fields in your peripheral vision, providing lenses that are optimized for clarity in your mid- and far-peripheral fields, where the eye is most sensitive to motion.
- HD Polarized Lenses: Oakley High Definition polarized lenses filter out 99% of the light that causes glare, leaving only the polarized light waves that are most useful to the human eye.
- 1-Layer Polarization: Other brands glue different layers together to create polarized lenses, baking them to shape. This can create differences in materials that cause light to bend. Oakley HD Polarized lenses utilize a single-layer process that has the least effect on light - a system developed over 5 years of research. All of Oakleys Sunglasses feature polarized lenses.
- UV Protection: Oakley Sun Glasses are built with lenses that block 100% damaging UVA, UVB, and UVC rays.
- XYZ Optics - a carefully-controlled taper of the lens, with a thicker section in the center that gradually reduces toward the edge. The result - a distortion-free view through the lenses of your Oakleys.
Oakley lens materials:
- Plutonite is the proprietary lense material used in Oakley Sunglasses, Plutonite is available in ten different inherent shades to give you a wide variety of tint options. Plutonite lenses must stand up to some of the harshest and demanding standards testing in the industry. From prismatic power and clarity tests, to high-speed and high-mass impact protection, Plutonite lenses pass with flying colors. Plutonite blocks out all UV light even in its raw, unprocessed form.
Oakley Frame Materials: In any material, Oakley frames are consistently designed for performance of the caliber demanded by pro athletes. Oakley Sunglasses are built with frames containing a critical degree of flexibility, allowing them to absorb impact.
- O Matter - a lightweight synthetic material, engineered for all-day comfort, shock absorption and durability against the punishment of environmental extremes.
- C-5 Alloy - five metal compounds are superheated to create this performance alloy that maintains durability, even in lightweight frame designs.
- Titanium - Metal injection molding allows us to sculpt titanium, the ultra-lightweight and virtually indestructible metal used for fighter jets.
- X Metal - Ultra-lightweight titanium alloys are combined with flex couplers to create the only 3-D sculptured all-metal frames on earth.
- Unobtainium - a rubbery coating material that actually increases its gripping power when wet. Developed by Oakley in its very earliest years, it is named after the difficulty that the company had acquiring it in the early days.
Styles of Oakley Sunglasses:
- HD Polarized: these sunglasses eliminate 99% of glare, providing you the clearest vision. They are available with the widest range of style options, as well. HD Polarized Sunglasses are ideal for any activity on water (boating, skiing), driving and biking, and snow sports.
- Active and Lifestyle Collections - hundreds of styles made for everyday use, while on the go or while sitting still.
- Sport Performance collection - with its high-performance High-Wrap options, this collection of Oakley Sunglasses is the default choice of top athletes everywhere.