The Pentax PF-80ED 80mm Spotting Scope
is a new concept in premium quality Spotting Scopes
. Pentax PF-80mm ED Spotting Scope
is engineered to meet the needs of the avid wildlife viewer, this scope incorporates ED (Extra-low Dispersion glass elements
, porro-prism optics and a nitrogen filled
(JIS Class 6) waterproof body
producing outstanding brightness, clarity and resolution even under demanding conditions. These Pentax Spotting Scopes
also utilize Pentax Telescope Eyepieces
for their sharpness, field of view, contrast and freedom from aberration, giving you a world class-viewing instrument.
A few configurations of this Spottingscope by Pentax are offered. For details and pricing please take a look at our Pentax Product List. Angled Body 80 mm Pentax PF-80ED-A Spotting Scopes are also on sale in our store and you can buy one today!
Features of PF-80ED & PF-100ED Spotting Scopes
- The Pentax PF-80ED 80mm Spotting Scope & Pentax PF-100ED 100mm Spotting Scope are housed in an exceptionally lightweight magnesium-alloy body.
- Incorporating Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements for optimum optical resolution.
- Large 80 mm & 100 mm objective lenses for bright viewing under all light conditions.
- The body of the Pentax PF80mm ED Spottingscope & Pentax PF100mm ED Spottingscope incorporates the American standard 1 1/4-inch (31.7mm) - diameter eyepiece receptacle, which accepts not only the optional Pentax XL eyepieces, but also other telescope manufacturers' eyepieces on the market.
- The receptacle has a special "O" ring assembly, which allows the body of the scope to be filled with nitrogen, making it fog proof and JIS Class 6 waterproof.
- A built-in lens shade cuts excessive light and helps to prevent rain and other weather elements from interfering with viewing.
- An extra wide focusing knob is incorporated for effortless focusing.
- A tripod socket with a click-stop rotation mechanism is available to allow for different viewing angle options.
- Famous Pentax Super-Multi-Coating maximizes light transmission, clarity and contrast.
- An extendable eyecup allows variable adjustment for up to a full 20mm of eye relief, allowing those wearing eyeglasses the same view as non-eyeglass wearers.
- Equipped with a durable rubber housing to protect against shock and damage.
- The Pentax PF 80mm ED Spotting Scope comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Pentax PF-80mm ED Spotting Scopes accept Pentax XL Telescope Eyepieces: XL28 (18X), XL21 (24X), XL14 (36X), XL10.5 (48X), XL7 (72X) and the 20X-60X Zoom Eyepiece.
| Type: || Porro-prism straight type |
| Objective Lens: || Diameter: 80mm (ED Lens) 3 elements, 3 groups |
| Attachment Diameter: || 1.25" (31.7mm) |
| Focusing Range: || About 19' - infinity (About 5.8m - infinity) |
| Eyepiece Ring: || Collet type |
| Body Color: || Black |
| Weight: || 49 oz. (1400g) |
| Size: || 15.6" x 4.7" x 3.9" (395mm x 120mm x 98mm) |
| Waterproof: || 1m depth of water, nitrogen filled, JIS Class 6 |
| Accessories: || Objective lens cap, Case |
from Birding - December, 2001 ...
". . . well balanced and quite comfortable to carry and use in the field.? "And the best news is that Pentax did indeed managed to design an objective to match the quality of their eyepieces.? ?The result, based on side-by-side testing with the best of the rest, is the brightest, sharpest, easiest view of the bird currently available in any conventional spotting scope.? "The astronomical eyepieces are designed for both wide field and long eye-relief. Looking through them is more like looking through a window than it is like squinting through a conventional spotting-scope eyepiece.? ". . . the zoom, which is huge as spotting-scope zooms go, is simply the brightest and sharpest zoom, at all powers, that I have ever tested or used.? "Low-power, wide-field views are as good as with any fixed eyepiece that I have ever tried, and the high-power views are breathtaking.? "The Pentax 80-mm ED is noticeably brighter in all conditions, enough brighter so that it might make an identification difference in critical situations . . . and so that it could make a difference in your appreciation of the beauty of the bird in almost any condition.? "The Pentax 80-mm ED is a perfectly fail-safe scope: it will give you a satisfying, impressive, even astounding view of the bird in any field condition you are ever likely to encounter.? "A typical birder?s response when I have it on almost any bird: ?Whoa!'"
The totally new Pentax PF-80ED-A 80mm Angled Body Spotting Scope model features a 45° downward-angled eyepiece for comfortable viewing at your shooting bench or in your hunting blind.
KB61550 kit (shown) is a great deal and worth the extra cost as the Pentax PF-100mm ED Spotting Scope comes with a brand new original Pentax 70509 20X-60X SMC Zoom Eyepiece
- Pentax 70510 Camera Adapter (PF-CA35) for this scope is available for $399 as a special order. 70510 Camera Adapter (PF-CA35) allows connecting SLR/Rangefinder camera body to PF series Pentax spotting scopes for use as long telephoto lens. 70510 Camera Adapter (PF-CA35) requires a separately purchased T-Mount Ring matched to camera lens mount - you can get it at your local camera store! Call us toll-free (800) 504-5897 if you need it!
- Pentax XF 12 Eyepieces 70532 are standard unifocal eyepieces, offering a focal length 12mm, and a magnification of 32.5 times, respectively, with a 60 degree apparent field of view and a long 18mm eye relief.