Pentax Optio 30 Gold 3.2 Megapixel Digital Camera Kit 18131
is a perfect digital camera for newbies because Pentax Optio30 camera does combine simplicity and design in very compact and light weight form. Pentax Optio 30 3.2 Megapixel Digital Camera
is user friend with great controls which self guide you through the menus. Specifications for Pentax Optio 30 Gold 3.2 Megapixel Digital Camera:
Features of Pentax Optio 30 3.2 Megapixel Digital Camera:
|Sensor: || 1/2.7" CCD ; 3.34 million total pixel|
|Effective pixels: || 3.2 million pixels|
|Image sizes: || 2048 x 1536 ; 1600 x 1200 ; 1024 x 768 ; 640 x 480|
|Image format: || JPEG (EXIF 2.2)|
|Movie clips: || 320 x 240, 15 fps ; 160 x 120, 15 fps ; Unlimited (streaming) ; No audio|
|Lens: || 3x optical zoom ; 38 - 114 mm (equiv.) ; F2.9 - F5.7|
|Digital zoom: || Up to 4x|
|Auto focus: || 5 point auto focus ; Spot auto focus|
|Focus modes: || Auto ; Manual ; Landscape (Infinity) lock|
|Focus range: || Normal: 50 cm to Infinity ; Macro: 2 - 60 cm|
|Exposure modes: || Program ; Picture mode ; Movie ; Panorama assist|
|Picture modes: || Landscape, Night scene, Night scene portrait, Protrait, Surf & Snow, Flower, Pet, Party, Food|
|Sensitivity: || Auto ; ISO 50 ; ISO 100 ; ISO 200 ; ISO 400|
|Metering: || Multi-segment ; Center-weighted average ; Spot|
|Exposure compensation: || +/- 2 EV in 1/3 EV steps|
|Shutter: || 2 - 1/2000 sec|
|Aperture: || Wide: F2.8 - F8.0 ; Tele: F4.8 - F8.0|
|White balance: || Auto ; Daylight ; Shade ; Tungsten ; Fluorescent|
|Drive modes: || One shot ; Continuous ; Multiple continuous ; Self-timer|
|Flash: || Built-in ; Modes: Auto, Red-eye reduction, Fill, Off ; Range (wide): 0.2 to 2.9 m ; Range (tele): 0.5 to 1.7 m|
|Viewfinder: || Optical|
|LCD monitor: || 1.6" TFT LCD ; 85,000 pixels|
|Connectivity: || USB 1.1 (mini-B) ; DC-IN|
|Storage: || 16 MB internal flash storage ; SD/MMC slot|
|Power: || 2 x AA batteries ; Optional AC adapter|
|Dimensions: || 94 x 62 x 36 mm (3.7 x 2.4 x 1.4 in)|
|Weight (no batt): || 130 g (4.6 oz)|
- An attractive, appealing exterior with compact dimensions - The rounded overall appearance of the Optio30 gives it instant visual appeal. It also makes it feel exceptionally comfortable when gripped in the hands. Whenever a shooting opportunity arises, you can easily slip the camera out of a pocket or bag thanks to the body design and over all compactness.
- Optical and digital zoom capability with the advantage of Macro too - The Optio30 offers the compositional advantage of 3X optical zoom with a focal range covering angles of view equivalent to those of a 38-114mm lens in 35mm format. It can also be used in combination with the 4X digital zoom to realize a total zooming capacity of 12X. Macro mode allows shots to be composed from as close as just 2cm from the subject.
- Diverse shooting modes for wide range of circumstances - The virtual mode dial with easy-to-understand icons makes selection of the 12 shooting modes extremely easy. Simply select the most appropriate, compose and shoot!
- + Program mode - Lets you leave virtually everything up to the camera, allowing the Optio30 to automatically set the optimal shutter speed, aperture, and focus for the subject at hand.
- + Landscape mode - Makes the most of natural greens and blues for appealing nature shots and satisfying skies. It also ensures ideal clarity that extends sharpness as far as the horizon.
- + Night scene mode - Allows the camera to assume a slower shutter speed and capture greater detail with available light.
- + Night scene portrait mode - Enables pleasing shots of people to be taken at night without sacrificing exposure of the background.
- + Portrait mode - Captures natural looking skin tones, achieving results that are significantly more flattering.
- + Surf & Snow - Ideal when light reflects off water or snow. It helps ensure detail is preserved throughout the entire frame while still conveying a beautiful sense of brightness.
- + Flower - Puts the Optio30 automatically into Macro mode, leaving you ready and equipped to capture close-up detail in glorious colors.
- + Party - Ensures pleasing exposure for the main subjects with faithful reproduction of surrounding elements.
- + Food - Capture color and texture in a way that piques the appetite.
- + Pet - Capture the whites and black tones common to family pets in a pleasing manner along with their natural glow.
- + Movie - The Optio30 can record soundless movie files up to the available capacity of the selected recording media. It also offers a whole range of related choices ? allowing you to select clarity of either 320x240 or 160x120 pixels, and even offering options for full-color, black and white, and sepia shooting. Movie files are also recoded in MOV format to enable easy playback on PC. *Recorded movies can be viewed using ACDSee for PENTAX (on systems with QuickTimeTM installed)
- + Panorama Assist mode - Allows you to take multiple shots of your subject in vertical or horizontal format, and then align and combine them using the user-friendly software provided.
- Digital filters for fun and creative results - A key digital benefit of the Optio30 is the ability to apply filters to shots after they?ve already been taken. There?s a choice of 9 different filters, comprising black and white, sepia, red, pink, purple, blue, green, yellow, and brightness.
- PictBridge compatibility - The Optio30 supports PictBridge,a new direct-print standard released by the CIPA (Camera and Imaging Products Association). Just connect the Optio30 via USB to a printer supporting PictBridge to make printouts of recorded images without the need for a PC and utilize other handy direct functions such as resizing, trimming, and digital filters.
- Simple Menu - A crucial element in the success of such a multi-functional camera is the ability to offer simple operation. The Optio30 excels in this area thanks to the incorporation of a Simple Menu. Existing alongside the conventional Full Menu, this convenient additional menu is comprised of only frequently used functions ? each accompanied by a simple explanation.
- USB mass storage class compatibility - USB connectivity allows multiple shots to be swiftly and simply imported into common PC applications - opening up an exciting world of imaging versatility that lets you do so much more with your shots.
- ACDSee for PENTAX - The ACDSee for PENTAX software comes as standard with the Optio30, allowing easy graphic conversion, album creation, and so much more.
- Built-in auto flash - The Optio30 features a flash that can be set to fire automatically in low-light conditions. For greater control, it also offers Flash-on, Flash-off, and slow-shutter sync modes (for use in combination with Night scene, Nighttime portrait, and Party modes) and there's also the advantage of a red-eye reduction function* that produces more pleasing portraits at night. *This feature does not eliminate "red eyes" in all instances.
- High-precision LCD monitor - The 1.6-inch TFT LCD monitor makes it easy to compose shots or view them prior to printing, allowing you to recompose and shoot again if necessary while you're still stood by the subject.
- Optical viewfinder - An optical viewfinder allows you to conserve power when you want by switching off the LCD monitor.
- Nine image/Zoom display - The Optio30 makes it easy to search for a shot that's already recorded with Nine-image display that lets you scan through all images in minimal time. When you find the shot you're looking for, the camera also offers 8X magnification, enabling you to check closely for minor details and focusing.
- Self-timer - The self-timer is ideal when taking shots of oneself or entering into group compositions. It releases the shutter in your choice of either 2 or 10 seconds and can also be used to minimize camera shake when taking long exposures.
- Continuous shooting - Just an extended press of the shutter is all it takes to activate Continuous shooting. This allows fast-moving action to be captured frame by frame.
- 4 in 1 shooting - Just as it sounds, 4 in 1 shooting takes four consecutive shots in one frame with just a single press of the shutter release button. This innovative new feature makes it easy to study the movement of a subject without having to look at multiple shots.
- Interval shooting - Interval shooting mode shoots a set of sequential frames for playback together as a short film. It offers a selection of X2, X5, X10, X20, X50, or X100 recording speeds and can be used to achieve effects such as scenes of clouds rushing across the sky, for example.
- Macro shooting and Infinity-landscape modes - Selection of Macro mode allows you to compose from as close as just 2cm from the subject, while Infinity-landscape captures the sense of space when shooting stunning scenery. What's more, it even achieves pleasing focus when shooting through windows.
- Manual focusing - Through linkage to the handy LCD monitor, manual focus is made both easy and enjoyable. It's also assisted by the enlargement of the central area of the LCD, which makes it easy to recognize the moment when your subject is at its sharpest.
- Choice of autofocus - The Optio30 offers a choice of Spot AF and 5-point AF. Spot AF provides you with the freedom to choose the area of key focus anywhere within the frame, while 5-point AF allows simultaneous focus on separate elements even when shooting from a distance. 5-point AF is even made more easy to use by a highlighted focus area that lets you know exactly where the sharpest points are located.
- Histogram display - The detailed histogram function is extremely handy during both playback and shooting, allowing you to check the range of light levels with significantly greater accuracy.
- Metering options - A choice of Spot metering, Multi-segment metering, and Center-weighted metering give you greater control over the way exposure is determined.
- ISO settings - Light sensitivity is exceptionally easy to adjust. Select ISO50 for the clearest results with minimal noise, or opt for ISO100 or 200 depending on your aims and circumstances.
- Exposure compensation - The Optio30 enables exposure compensation across a range of +2EV in steps of 1/3EV.
- Settings for sharpness, saturation and contrast - The Optio30 even has a range of settings that allow you to take control over sharpness, saturation, and contrast, with three grades for each. Such extended capability is ideal for the photographer who wishes to exercise greater control over the final outcome.
- Image protection - Digital photography can sometimes make it a little too easy to delete a shot. That's not the case with the Optio30, however. Indeed it features a special function that prevents the accidental deletion of shots you want to keep.
- Mode memory function - Mode memory allows you to save a combination of settings you like and return to them automatically when the power is next switched on.
- DPOF print convenience - When used in combination with DPOF-compatible printers, the Optio30 gives you a greater degree of control over the date function and the number of prints*. *Some printers may not support the above functions. Please consult the supplier of your printer for more information.
- Exif Print (Exif2.2) and PRINT Image Matching II compatibility - Exif Print and PRINT Image Matching II compatibility establishes a stronger link between the camera and printer for greater control. *This product supports PRINT Image Matching II. When used in combination, PRINT Image Matching II enabled digital still cameras, printers, and software help photographers to produce images more faithful to their intentions.
- 16MB (approx.) built-in memory - The Optio30 contains approximately 16MB of built-in memory. In other words it's always ready to shoot, even when containing no additional memory media.
- SD memory card / MultiMediaCard - With SD memory card and MultimediaCard compatibility, the Optio30 is able to store a large amount of images while retaining high-level accuracy. Images can also be exported or imported between the built-in memory and the SD memory card or MultimediaCard, giving you the freedom to decide which images you want to store, and where.
- Resize function - A handy resize function allows you to alter the data size and quality of stored images. Resized files can even be set to overwrite the original image, allowing you to free up more memory space without having to discard a shot.
- Trimming function - Excellent composition doesn't have to be confined to the time of shooting. Indeed with the convenient Trimming function, images can be cropped at any time and selected parts can be stored as individual new files.
- Customized functions - Even the setup of the Optio30 can be used to express your creativity. The start-up screen can be customized to display the image of your choice, and one of 6 preset images can be selected for use as wallpaper for each of the menu screens.
- Power sources - The Optio30 can be powered by two widely available AA alkaline batteries. It can also be operated with a Nickel Hydride battery, a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, a CR-V3 battery and an optionally available AC adapter, should you happen to be close to a power outlet.
- Operation in 8 languages - All menus and messages can be displayed in a choice of English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chinese or Japanese, making the Optio30 accessible for use by people around the world.