PENTAX PF-100ED Spotting Scope
is the first fully waterproof and fog-proof 100mm
objective Spotting Scope
in the market. The straight-line optical barrel design of the PF100ED Spottingscope
makes it easy for the user to locate a subject quickly. These Pentax Spotting Scopes
are housed in a lightweight magnesium-allow body and features time-proven porro-prism optics incorporating ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Lanthanum Crown (rare earth) glass elements to produce sharp, clear images with minimal chromatic aberration. PENTAX PF 100mm ED Spotting Scope
also utilizes PENTAX XL Telescope Eyepieces
renowned for their sharpness, field of view, contrast and freedom from aberration. Used together, you have a world class-viewing instrument
Pentax Spotting Scope PF-100ED PENTAX Features
- The Pentax PF 100ED Spotting scope is housed in an exceptionally lightweight magnesium-alloy body.
- Incorporating Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements for optimum optical resolution.
- Large 100mm objective lenses for bright viewing under all light conditions.
- The body of the Pentax PF-100mm ED Spotting scope incorporates the American standard 1 1/4-inch (31.7mm) - diameter eyepiece receptacle, which accepts the Pentax XL eyepieces.
- The receptacle has a special "O" ring assembly, which allows the body of the scope to be filled with nitrogen, making it fog proof and JIS Class 6 waterproof.
- A built-in lens shade cuts excessive light and helps to prevent rain and other weather elements from interfering with viewing.
- An extra wide focusing knob is incorporated for effortless focusing.
- A tripod socket with a click-stop rotation mechanism is available to allow for different viewing angle options.
- Famous Pentax Super-Multi-Coating maximizes light transmission, clarity and contrast.
- An extendable eyecup on the XL eyepieces allows variable adjustment for up to a full 20mm of eye relief, allowing those wearing eyeglasses the same view as non-eyeglass wearers.
- Equipped with a durable rubber housing to protect against shock and damage.
- Lanthanum Crown (rare earth) glass elements.
- Pentax PF 100mm ED Spotting scope comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Pentax PF-100ED Spotting scope accepts optional PENTAX XL Telescope Eyepieces: XL28 (22.5X), XL21 (30X), XL14 (45X), XL10.5 (60X), XL7 (90X) and the Zoom Eyepiece (20X-60X).
Specifications for Pentax Spotting Scope PF-100ED PENTAX Part #70940 UPC Code: 027075063464
| Type: || Porro-prism straight type |
| Objective Lens: || Diameter: 100mm (ED Lens) 3 elements, 3 groups |
| Attachment Diameter: || 1.25 (31.7mm) |
| Focusing Range: || 28 infinity (8.5m infinity) |
| Eyepiece Ring: || Collet type |
| Body Color: || Black |
| Weight: || 91.7 oz. (2,600g) |
| Size: || 20 x 5.3 x 4.6 (510mm x 134mm x 117mm) |
| Waterproof: || 1m depth of water, nitrogen filled, JIS Class 6 |
| Accessories: || Objective lens cap, Eyepiece ring cap, Case |
KB61570 kit (shown) is a great deal and worth the extra cost as this PF-100ED scope comes with a brand new original Pentax 70509 20X-60X SMC Zoom Eyepiece
- Pentax 70510 Camera Adapter (PF-CA35) for this scope is available for $399 as a special order. 70510 Camera Adapter (PF-CA35) allows connecting SLR/Rangefinder camera body to PF series Pentax spotting scopes for use as long telephoto lens. 70510 Camera Adapter (PF-CA35) requires a separately purchased T-Mount Ring matched to camera lens mount - you can get it at your local camera store! Call us toll-free (800) 504-5897 if you need it!
- Pentax XF 12 Eyepieces 70532 are standard unifocal eyepieces, offering a focal length 12mm, and a magnification of 32.5 times, respectively, with a 60 degree apparent field of view and a long 18mm eye relief.