Pentax PF-65ED Straight Body Spotting Scopes incorporate porro-prism optics and a 65mm objective lens with Extra-low Dispersion optical elements to deliver sharp, high-contrast images with minimal chromatic aberration. The 65 mm Pentax PF-65 ED features a straight-line lens barrel for quick, effortless subject spotting, even when the observer is on the move. (Angled Pentax PF-65ED-A Spotting Scopes are also available.
These new Pentax Spotting Scopes also feature a compact, lightweight body with nitrogen-filled waterproof construction (JIS Class 6), a collet-type eyepiece receptacle for an American-standard 31.7mm (1.25 inch) sleeve, a protective rubber housing, and accessible reach by either hand. When mounted on a tripod, the lens barrel of Pentax PF-65mm ED Spotting Scope can be twisted 90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise from the default position at top ? or 180 degrees from side to side ? along with easy-to-locate pointers at top and 45-degree angles, to assure the best viewing position. The extendible rubber lens hood of Pentax PF65ED Spotting Scope comes with a sight line to facilitate target-line adjustment.
To optimize the performance of these new Pentax PF 65 mm ED Straight Body Spotting Scopes, Pentax has developed three compact, high-performance XF-Series Eyepieces, all featuring a bright, high-contrast image, an American-standard 31.7mm sleeve and focal lengths ideal for outdoor viewing and bird watching. The smc Pentax XF8.5 and XF12 are standard unifocal eyepieces, offering a focal length of 8.5mm and 12mm, and a magnification of 46 and 32.5 times, respectively, with a 60 degree apparent field of view and a long 18mm eye relief. The eyepieces feature an extendible eyepiece ring with four click-stop positions. The smc Pentax XF Zoom Eyepiece 6.5mm-19.5mm features a focal-length range of 6.5mm to 19.5mm for a magnification of 20 to 60 times, with an apparent field of view of 42 to 60 degrees and an eye relief of 11mm to 15mm. It also offers a user-friendly rubber eyepiece ring to minimize the risk of scratching the observer's eyeglasses. In addition, four smc Pentax XW-Series Telescope Eyepieces (XW7, XW10, XW14 and XW20) are also usable on these spotting scopes.
For added convenience, the Spotting Scopes are compatible with the optional PF-CA35 camera adapter, for conversion into high-quality super-telephoto lenses with a focal length of 780mm and a fixed aperture of F12 in combination with a Pentax 35mm-format SLR camera.
Note: This scope is body only. Eyepiece is not included and must be ordered separately.
Optional Eyepiece Accessories:
Specifications for Pentax PF 65mm ED Straight Spotting Scope:
- Pentax XF 12 Eyepieces 70532 are standard unifocal eyepieces, offering a focal length 12mm, and a magnification of 32.5 times, respectively, with a 60 degree apparent field of view and a long 18mm eye relief.
Features of Pentax PF-65mm ED Spotting Scope:
|Type: || || Porro-prism straight type |
|Objective Lens: || || Diameter: 65mm (ED Lens) 5 elements, 3 groups |
|Attachment Diameter: || || 1.25in (31.7mm) |
|Focusing Range: || || About 19ft - infinity (About 5m - infinity) |
|Eyepiece Ring: || || Collet type |
|Body Color: || || Black |
|Weight: || || 37oz (1050g) |
|Size: || || 10.6 x 4.5 x 3.3in |
|Waterproof: || || 1m depth of water, nitrogen filled, JIS Class 6 |
|Accessories: || || Objective lens cap, Eyepiece ring cap, Case |
- Extremely compact, high-performance spotting scopes, specifically designed for high-quality, high-precision out door viewing
- 65mm objective lens
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) optical elements deliver a sharp, high-contrast images with minimal chromatic aberration
- Waterproof, fog proof, and nitrogen filled
- Three dedicated eyepieces for optimum performance: XF8.5 - 46x, XF12 - 32.5x, and XF Zoom - 20x-60x
- Accepts all standard 1 inch interchangeable telescope eyepieces, including XW eyepieces
- Super-Multi-Coating maximizes light transmission, clarity, and contrast
- Built-in lens shade
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Pentax PF-65ED Spotting Scope Straight Body Only