The PowerFlare Tactical Beacon 8 Soft Pack contains 8 infrared illuminator beacons, eight replacement batteries and a soft carrying bag to store them in. When you need infrared light on the scene, the PowerFlare PF200 Tactical Beacons are the answer. This set of Infrared tactical lights is ideal to keep almost anywhere, including search and rescue kits and HAZMAT kits - the lights are the size of a hockey puck, and are powered by non-recharageable batteries that have a shelf life of ten years. The PowerFlare Tactical Beacon Soft Pack 8 lights feature 10 user-selectable flash patterns, including Coast Guard "SOS" Morse code for rescue and solid-on (lantern) mode for use as an infrared illuminator. For example, a SWAT member can deploy a PowerFlare unit into a search area and be able to see further with NVG equipment. Works with all generations of NVGs. 10 user-selectable flash patterns. This compact (4") device emits 360 degrees of IR LED light (invisible to the human eye), visible for up to 10 miles away with NVGs or FLIR (on low-light camera mode). The IR beacons are waterproof and so tough, you can run them over with a firetruck. Ideal for use in night vision situations, the PowerFlare IR 8 Softpack gives you invisible illumination for tactical situations - safely, instantly, reliably.
Applications for the PowerFlare Tactical Beacon Soft Pack 8 include:
- Personnel identification (IFF)
- Night Vision illuminator - ideal for recon in confined spaces, building searches, etc.)
- Marking drop areas, assets, targets (narco surveillance)
- SCUBA diving and marine operations - the PowerFlare Tactical Beacon is waterproof to 300 feet, and it is positively buoyant - it floats!
- Rescue Signal - homing beacon for extraction
- Covert Helicopter Landing Zones (LZ) - Military, law enforcement, and emergency medical service (EMS)/medivac operations often require temporary or portable helicopter landing zones (LZs or HLZs). In addition to its other uses, the PowerFlareTM Safety Light product serves as a superior LZ system, obviating the need for a separate LZ kit. Areas, vehicles, personnel, etc. can also be marked using visible or infrared PowerFlareTM units. Using Infrared-version PowerFlareTM units, tactical operations can be conducted using FLIR and night-vision systems. Because the light output is angled and diffused, the pilot's night vision is less likely to be impaired (a common problem with strobes or other such products). Because the PowerFlareTM light output is focused parallel to the faces of the unit, there is no need to dim the light when the aircraft makes it approach or hovers above the LZ site.
The kit comes with an extra battery for each light in the set. The PowerFlares fit snugly in the bag and there is an extra compartment to hold the extra batteries, wrench and directions. These soft packs are convenient for motorcycle saddle bags, in the trunk of the car, for hunters, fisherman, outdoor activities, and more!