Our unique patent-pending OpticsPlanet.com Prescription Sunglasses Trial Program is designed to give you a piece of mind when you order a pair of brand name designer prescription sunglasses and prescription eyeglasses from our online store. We understand that prescriptions sunglasses might be a difficult item to purchase without trying them on. Since custom made prescription glasses and goggles are not returnable, it might be a good idea to try on the frame first, then send them back to have the prescription made know that the frame is comfortable and fits and looks good on your face! Having the frame you like during eye doctor's exam is especially important when you want to order a pair of prescription sunglasses with bifocal lenses or progressive lenses and need to have the exact frame in order for your optometrist or optician to take correct measurements of segment height that's required for all progressive/bi-focals lens prescriptions.
We have selected our most popular prescription sun glasses and now offer frames for you to try before you actually decide to buy them.
Only for $10.99 per frame trial OpticsPlanet.com will send you a non-prescription pair of sunglasses in the frame of your choice!
When we ship your Trial Sunglasses Frame, we charge you
"At-Shipment-Charge" = $10.99 per Frame per Trial Fee + Retail Price of the Trial Sunglasses Frame.
After you return the Trial Sunglasses Frame to us, we credit your credit card with the Retail Price of the Trial Sunglasses Frame, so you end up paying only $10.99 per Frame per Trial Fee.
Please carefully read and note the following information about OpticsPlanet.com Prescription Sunglasses Trial Program:
- You must send the same pair of sun glasses back to us within 2 weeks after you receive the frame. Please plan your visit to your optometrist or optician accordingly.
- The sunglasses must be returned to us in the same packaging, inside of the supplied hard case, and the same condition we shipped the sunglasses to you.
- The trial sunglasses might not be brand new - we reuse trial sunglasses for our Trial Program. When you order your prescription sunglasses, the frame and your prescription lenses are guaranteed to be brand new, 100% authentic, custom made for your prescription. At this time OpticsPlanet.com does not fit prescriptions in customers' frames. Once we fill your prescription, authentic factory new frames are fitted in the lab with the prescription lenses and shipped directly to your door!
- Before we ship the trial frame, you agree that we will charge you $10.99 trial fee plus full retail price for the trail sunglasses frame that you choose. Once we get the trial sunglasses back from you, we will at your discretion either credit your credit card for the amount charged minus $10.99 per frame Glasses Trial Fee or apply the amount charged minus the $10.99 per frame Trial Fee toward the price of the prescription sunglasses that you order from our store.
- If you decide the keep the trial sunglasses, loose, or damage them, we will not be able to credit you for that trail pair. Please ask your optometrist or optician not to use a permanent marker on our trial sunglasses - they are to be used by other Trial Program customers!
- At this time only models listed on this page are eligible for the OpticsPlanet.com Prescription Sunglasses Try before You Buy Program. If you do not see some specific sunglass model, please email us, and we will do our best to add this sunglasses model to OpticsPlanet Trial Program.
- You can participate in our Prescription Glasses Trial as many times as you want, and you can select as many frames at one time. It will cost you $10.99 per frame sent to you for a 2 week trial, per trial time we send you our trial.
- At this time OpticsPlanet.com Prescription Sunglasses Trial Program is limited to the lower 48 US states only. There are no additional shipping or handling fees if Ground Shipping is selected. If you want us to to ship the trial frame to you via one of UPS Express shipping methods such as UPS Next or Second Day Air, or UPS 3-day Select, please select that option at the check out. Please note that that will not be able to credit the express shipping fees if you select one of the UPS Express shipping methods.
- We try very hard to maintain a good stock of trial sunglasses frames, but occasionally we run out while other customers have a particular frame for a fitting. If we are out of stock on a frame you selected, we will notify you within 24 hours about your options and expected ship date. We do not charge your credit card until we ship your Trial Sunglasses Frame!
- You are under no obligation to buy a pair of prescription from us, if you could not find a frame that you like!
If you need any assistance in ordering your Prescription Sunglasses or have any questions, you can contact us - we are here to help!