I own a Magnum Research Desert Eagle 1911G and this holster is an excellent fit. The holster positions the pistol directly under my left knee, giving me a fast and accurate grab on to the weapon. It is easy and fun to actually test this rig. When I carry, I only carry a loaded magazine and must rack the first shot before firing.
1. Drive out to the test range with the holster set up.
2. Set up the target outside either the driver or passenger window.
3. Get back in the car and pretend you are being attacked.
4. Simultaneously lower the window and draw the weapon.
5. Rack the first shot and fire away!
This exercise will greatly increase your confidence in using this holster. You may need to diddle with the holster to get it exactly the way you need it.
Pros: high quality, spare magazine holder adjacent to holster, pistol is secure in holster and yet easy to remove and replace
Cons: Requires some diddling with the holster to get it seated right after a few days' use...
Would recommend: Yes
1 of 1 found the following review helpful.
Was it helpful to you?
You said this review was not helpful.
Would you like to change your vote?