Scope presents good magnification and is fairly easy to use. Was able to see Jupiter's moons (as dots). A few drawbacks that could be improved:
1. The supplied 9v (6x1.5AA) battery pack. The connections are recessed and just putting the batteries in did not work. They have to be nudged and rolled in 3 of the seatings. When I first received the scope it took me a voltmeter and 20 minutes to make the battery pack work.
2. The eyepiece on the back of the scope prohibits it from tilting above 80 deg. Although the scope and mountings are compact, I wish the designer had developed a way to provide sufficient clearance for this. So I have to wait a little while for object directly overhead. No biggie, but a nagging irritation.
3. Instructions could be more clear/detailed. Especially regarding the allignment/calibration.
4. A bit noisy. For a scope this price no big surprise, but when tracking it makes CONSTANT noise, instead of adjusting every 5-10 seconds.
5. Focus is SLOOOOOW and requires touching the scope. This makes it heard to adjust focus since touching the scope causes image shake making determining proper focus a bit difficult. Why not include an electric motor focus since there's already 2 motors and a remote??? This would have been the MOST welcome addition. When viewing space the focus adjustment only needs to be made once per setting, but as I don't leave my scope set up it means I have to add this step each time I set it up.
Some of thes...