Overall this is a very nice green laser/light combo that fits perfectly on teh Springfield Armory XD-M 3.8" compact pistol... but there are a few issues.
1) Looks like a quality unit, with nice fit and finish. Battery included. Easy to operate: push the button on either side to turn on; push again to turn off. Push both buttons at the same time to cycle though the modes: Solid/strobing light with/without solid/strobing laser. Have not tried changing strobe rates.
2) The "toolbox" is a nice place to store the two extra rail mounts, the extra mounting bolt and the windage/elevation tool. Easy to install on the pistol, as the proper rail mounts to fit an XD-M were pre-installed. Might be room for a spare battery if I ditch the two pair of rail mounts that are not needed.
3) Easy to "zero" the laser to line up with the sights. Didn't try to zero the laser to POI so can't comment on that, but I expect that would be easy, too.
4) Nice retention level 2 holster, similar to a Blackhawk Serpa (my favorite) that has a levered catch to hold the holstered pistol in place and cannot be drawn until you place your index finger on the lever. It also has a great ECR feature: simply turn the light/laser _on_ and holster the pistol. As soon as you start to draw the pistol, the light and/or laser will activate.
1) The well-known, well-documented problem with the battery cover is still there: fine aluminum male threads that must be turned into plastic female threads. It's diffi...