OpticsPlanet offers the latest prescription sunglasses models from top sports, military and designer eyewear manufacturers. Buying from OpticsPlanet will always get you an unbeatable price, high quality, and FREE shipping on all rx sunglasses and our wide and extensive collection of prescription eyeglasses! We are one of the top online sellers of prescription sunglasses including wrap-around sports eyewear, ANSI rated military sunglasses, and sleek designer sunglasses and goggles fitted with distortion free Rx lenses customized to your individual prescription. Featuring Ray Ban Prescription Sunglasses, Bolle Prescription Sunglasses, Wiley X Prescription Sunglasses, Serengeti Prescription Sunglasses, and prescription sunglasses from all the elite eyewear brands we carry. Please note that regular processing time for most prescription sunglasses, Rx inserts, and some of our popular prescription goggles is 2-3 weeks. If you need your Rx eyewear sooner, we can also expedite your order - just let us know! Express processing service is available for most brands of prescription sunglasses. If you have further questions and would like to talk to our knowledgeable eyewear experts, please contact us. We are here to help!
Prescription Sunglasses Frame & Lens Availability
We offer multiple types of discount prescription sunglasses and eyeglasses. You can choose from plastic, metal and rimless frames by top sunglass manufacturers. Your prescription sunglass lenses are prepared and fitted into the frames in our state-of-the-art lab facilities. Rx lenses are available in different lens materials and upgrades.
Depending on your sunglasses prescription you can choose from the following highest quality rx sunglasses lens materials:
- CR-39 Plastic (also known as hard resin) is overall cost-effective & most commonly used lens material. CR-39 is thinner and lighter than glass. This lens material requires additional UV protection and anti-scratch coating. Recommended sphere range is 0.00 - +/-8.00 and cylinder range is 0.00 - +/-2.00
- Polycarbonate is the most impact resistant lens available. These lenses are highly recommended for children, sportsmen and military. All safety prescription glasses and our highly sought after prescription military sunglasses / goggles offered by OpticsPlanet come with polycarbonate lens material. This lens material is thinner & lighter than CR-39 or glass. UV protection and anti-scratch coating are included. Recommended sphere range is +/- 2.00-8.00
- Aspheric Polycarbonate lenses feature the same properties as polycarbonate lenses (see above), but they are recommended for plus (+) sphere prescriptions only
- High Index 1.60 (also known as HX 1.60) lenses are thinner & lighter than CR-39 or glass. UV protection and anti-scratch coating are included. Recommended sphere range is 0.00 - +/-15.00
- High Index 1.67 (also known as HX 1.67) lenses are thinner than High Index 1.60, CR-39 or glass. UV protection and anti-scratch coating are included. Recommended sphere range is 0.00 - +/-16.00
- Ultra High Index 1.74 (also known as HX 1.74) is the thinnest & lightest lens material available. UV protection and anti-scratch coating are included. AR coating is included as well. Since the lenses are manufactured with AR coating they can not be neither tinted nor additional coating (like mirror for example) can be added. Recommended for extremely high prescriptions, sphere range is +/-5.00 - +/-18.00
- Glass lenses are well known for their superior optical quality and scratch resistance. At the same time glass is heavier and thicker than other lens materials. Recommended sphere range is 0.00 - +/- 3.00
You can also choose from the following prescription sunglass lens upgrades:
- Clear Lenses - you can get regular clear lenses and turn your favorite sunglass frame into a pair of eyeglasses
- Tinted Lenses - we offer a wide range of different solid and gradient lens tints. If we do not list on-line the tint you are looking for, please contact us. We will match any color
- Polarized Lenses - polarized lenses are designed to reduce the glare caused by the light reflected from shiny surfaces (road, water, snow, windshield, road signs, etc.). Polarized prescription sunglasses are very popular with drivers and water sports enthusiasts.
- Mirrored Lenses - mirror coated lenses reflect harsh light rays. They are recommended for extremely bright light conditions
- Photochromic Lenses - photochromic lenses (sometimes called transitions, modulator or light adjusting) darken under direct sunlight. Please be advised that the lenses in photochromic prescription sunglasses do not change color behind a windshield or a helmet shield.
Prescription lens materials and upgrades vary depending on the sunglasses brand. If you need a piece of advice, or if we do not list the material, tint or a lens upgrade that you are looking for, please contact us and our eyewear experts would be glad to assist you.
Multifocal Lenses in Prescription Sunglasses
In addition to prescription eyewear with single vision Rx lenses, we offer prescription sunglasses with multifocal lenses: lined bifocal sunglasses and no-line progressive sunglasses. If you are planning to order lined or no-line bifocal sunglasses, please check out the following informational pages:
More about Prescription Sunglasses
We have launched a totally new Rx eyewear program and are now offering the best styles of prescription eyewear as well as our popular prescription goggles. Including unique convertible Rx sunglasses / goggles, prescription ski goggles, prescription motorcycle glasses and sunglasses with prescription, prescription sports sunglasses, prescription golf sunglasses, prescription safety eyewear, prescription swim goggles, designer prescription sunglasses, and of course, regular prescription eyeglasses. We carry a wide variety of prescription eyewear brands including the best selling in the world Ray Ban Eyewear, Bolle and Serengeti Eyewear. One of the most popular pairs of prescription safety eyewear with the US military, would have to be prescription sunglasses from Wiley X Sunglasses.
We try to make it easy to order prescription sunglasses online by providing as much information as we can. See our detailed prescription information page that explains How to Read Your Sunglasses Prescription. Besides cheap prescription sunglasses we carry a huge selection of plano non-Rx sunglasses and goggles. Some of the brands offer goggles and sunglasses that fit over prescription glasses. If you would like to purchase a frame and get Rx lenses somewhere else, you can always buy eyeglasses frames without lenses or blank Rx adapters. Make sure to review our Prescription Orders Policy page prior to placing your order.