The STS 80 observation telescopes set the highest standards among telescopes in this category. Even with the easy-to-handle fully rubberized armouring, the STS 80 are by far the lightest of the larger observation telescopes. Thanks to a recalculated optical system, they offer a precise observation of detail, optimum edge-to-edge images and almost 100 per cent color fidelity with an extremely wide field of view, thereby achieving a revolutionary image quality.
- Sold as the body only
- Extremely high-quality optical system for totally natural color reproduction and precision observation of detail, even when light conditions are poor
- Very light weight of only 1280 g/45.2 oz. By far the lightest of the larger observation telescopes.
- Extremely short close focusing down to only 16 ft (5 m).
- Easy-grip ergonomically positioned focusing ring with larger grooves for quick and precise focusing.
- Removable aid for quick target pick-up.
- Integrate objective lens protection. Stops glare and diffused light as well as protecting against rain and snow. Lock mechanism in ultimate extended position: cannot move on its own and silent to handle.
- Automatic safeguard against accidental unscrewing of the eyepieces.
- Full field of view even for spectacle wearers due to individually adjustable twist-in eyecups.
- Fast and easy mounting on Swarovski tripods without additional plate (standardised foot). Fits also all Tripods with 1/4" and 3/8" threads.
- Large and easy-to-operate focusing ring even with gloves on.
- Easily removable lens cap.
- Compact and fits easily in hand-luggage.
- Extremely light, but very sturdy light alloy housing.
- The fully rubberised armouring for shock absorption and noise reduction is easy to handle even in cold weather.
- Internal focusing for dustproof and watertight qualities (up to a depth of 13 ft or 4 m).
- Full objective lens protection and objective lens thread for screw-in filters.
|Objective lens diameter (mm) || 80 |
|Objective lens diameter (in) || 3.15 |
|Shortest focusing distance (m) || 5 |
|Shortest focusing distance (ft) || 16 |
|Diopter correction at 8 (dpt) || 5 |
|Objective filter thread || M 82 x 0.75 |
|Length, approx. (mm) || 335 |
|Length, approx. (in) || 13.2 |
|Weight approx. (g) || 1280 |
|Weight approx. (oz) || 45.2 |
Functional temperature: -20 to +55° C (-4 to +131° F)
Storage temperature: -30 to + 70° C (-22 to +158° F)
Submersion tightness: 4 m (13 ft) (filled with nitrogen)
Objective lens focal length: 460 mm (18.11 in)
Swarovski Part No 49208