Vixen A80MF 80mm Telescope with Porta Mount 3226
is the perfect beginner telescope
to take the time
to learn the sky instead of relying on a computer to slew the scope over to each object. The Vixen A80Mf
attached to the Vixen Porta Mount
moves easily and is stable when stopped. No tweaking of the telescope hand controls
is necessary like some other brands.
If you are looking to start out with something a little larger than a beginner scope
or need a better finder scope
for your large telescope
, the Vixen A80MF telescope
is the one for you. Although it is just 10mm larger than its smaller cousin the Vixen A70Lf
, this extra aperture will reveal more detail in solar system objects and the deep sky. You'll find myself using the 80mm Vixen A 80MF
for terrestrial viewing of ships on the ocean or whale watching. With an optional sun projection accessory
, youll view sun spots projected onto a white surface. (Of course NEVER look at the sun directly). The A80Mf by Vixen
, although inexpensive, is not a toy Telescope
It has the same quality glass and exacting workmanship that goes into other Vixen Telescopes
Specifications for Vixen A80Mf Telescope:
|Aperture: || 80mm (3.2")|
|Focal length: || is 910mm (3 ft.)|
|F ratio: || 11.4|
|Weight: || 5.5lbs|
- Vixen A80MF 80mm (3.2") telescope
- 20mm eyepiece for general viewing.
- 6.3mm eyepiece for those really clear nights, for high power viewing.
- diagonal Prism that connects the eyepiece to the telescope.
- Dew / Sun shield.
- Complete tube rings and dovetail plate
- Vixen Porta Mount with locking extension legs, accessory tray, slow motion controls and adjustment tool set.