For over three decades, Meade has led the development of astronomical equipment through engineering innovations that have changed the way amateur astronomers view and photograph the night sky. Meade 's engineering team (the largest in the industry) meticulously designs and engineers the highest quality optics, precision mechanics, and advanced electronics into every telescope they manufacture. Look through Meade Telescope and see the difference. All Meade LX200 GPS Telescopes are made in the USA at Meade 's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Irvine, California.
Already have one of our Meade LX200 GPS Telescopes? Make sure to look at our original Meade LX200 GPS Telescope Accessories - Special Meade LX200GPS Telescope Eyepiece Kits, Meade LX200 GPS Telescope Cases, individual Meade Telescope Eyepieces, Meade Camera Adapters for astrophotography, Meade Barlow Lenses, Meade Tripods, Mead Telescope Filters, new Meade Wireless Autostr II Computer Controller and much more - you can enjoy your Meade LX200 GPS Telescope right out of the box, but you can always upgrade it if you need something extra! We ship Meade Telescopes to lower 48 US States free of charge via UPS Ground shipping. If you are around Chicago, please feel free to stop by our Meade showroom!
|Optical Design: ||Schmidt-Cassegrain ||Maksutov-Cassegrain |
|Aperture: ||16" ||14" ||12" ||10" ||8" ||7" |
|Focal Ratio: ||F/10 ||F/10 ||F/10 ||F/10 ||F/10 ||F/15 |
|Focal Length: ||4064mm ||3556mm ||3048mm ||2500mm ||2000mm ||2670mm |
|Corrector Lens: ||BK7 ||Water White ||Water White ||Water White ||Water White ||BK7 |
|Meade UHTC Coating: ||Available for selected models ||Available for selected models ||Available for selected models ||Available for selected models ||Available for selected models ||Available for selected models |
Meade 16" LX200GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain Astronomical Telescope:
Now installed in hundreds of school and college observatories, as well as those of advanced amateurs, around the world, Meade LX200 GPS 16" Telescope is the largest Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope currently in production. For the advanced amateur who can appreciate what a research-class instrument can bring to his or her observing program, or for the school or college astronomy department seeking a first-class teaching telescope, Meade 16" LX 200 GPS is without equal. As imaging tools, Meade 16" LX200GPS Schmidt-Cassegrains have been responsible for some of the most impressive results ever obtained by amateurs or professionals.
Features of Meade LX200GPS Telescopes:
1. Meade Ultra High Transmission Coatings UHTC: Meade UHTC Group increases total light transmission and image brightness by nearly 20% over Meade's standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies and nebulae will appear significantly brighter.
2. State-of-the-Art Optical System: Water white glass is standard equipment in all Meade Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes corrector lenses. Water white glass delivers an increase of light transmission in excess of 10% as compared to competing Schmidt Cassegrain Telescopes using green soda lime glass.
3. Zero Image-Shift Microfocuser allows you to obtain precise image focus with no image movement. Operates at 4 speeds. Accepts both 2" and 1.25" telescope eyepieces.
4. Primary Mirror Lock locks the mirror in place during long-exposure photography.
5. Oversize Primary Mirror diameters are greater than their listed aperture (e.g., the diameter of the Meade 8" LX200 GPS is actually 8.25"). This additional 1/4" yields a wide, fully illuminated field-of-view. The result is that Meade LX200GPS Schmidt Cassegrains have brighter off-axis field illuminations (aperture-for aperture) than competing Schmidt Cassegrain Telescopes using non-oversized mirrors.
6. Meade Smart Drive provides permanent periodic error correction (PPEC) on both axes by learning and averaging error over the course of one or more training periods, thereby minimizing guiding corrections during long-exposure photographs. PPEC is available on both axes and functions in both polar and altazimuth modes.
7. Sony GPS Receiver Sensor automatically inputs precise time, date, and geographical location to help quickly and precisely align Meade LX200 GPS Telescope.
8. Meade LNT - Patented Level-North Technology allows you to quickly and precisely align your telescope by automatically leveling Meade LX 200 GPS Telescope and determining True North. It then automatically slews the telescope to the first alignment star.
9. Meade Smart Mount constantly refines pointing accuracy each time an object is centered and updated. Compatible with both equatorial and altazimuth mounts.
10. Meade AutoStar II Controller features "Hot Keys" for quick access to a 145,000 celestial object database. Meade AutoStar II Telescope Computer Controller can be updated with the latest software upgrades, guided tours and timely objects like comets free. Meade AutoStar II Computer Controller helps you quickly find, and GoTo over 145,000 objects in the night sky. View planets, stars, galaxies, nebulae and comets-all at the push of a button. You don't already know the night sky? Let Meade Preprogrammed Tonight's Best tour in your AutoStar automatically point your Meade LX200GPS Telescope to the best objects in the sky. Astronomy has never been so easy and rewarding.
Equatorial Wedges: For placement of Meade LX200GPS Telescopes in the equatorial mode during long-exposure CCD imaging or photography, three optional equatorial wedges are available: Meade Standard Equatorial Wedge for 8" Meade SCT Telescopes; Meade 10"/12" Superwedge for 10" and 12" LX200GPS models; and Meade 14" Superwedge for Meade 14" LX200 GPS Telescope.
Field De-rotaters: With the optional Meade #1220 Field De-Rotater, field rotation during long-exposure photographic imaging with Meade LX200 GPS Telescopes in the altazimuth mode can be fully and precisely compensated for, without recourse to an equatorial wedge.
Optional Meade Telescope Accessories for Meade LX Telescopes: